VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI!

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/products/powerdvd/7/features.jsp
    External subtitle support allows playback via AVI, DivX and WMV files (supports SRT, SUB, SSA, ASS, PSB, and SMI extensions)

on powerdvd help says :
    Code:
    Subtitles are supplied for practically all disc titles. The language of the subtitles depends on the region of your title. The subtitles function is only available during playback. 

During playback, click  to switch among available subtitles. 

Loading External Subtitles 
    When playing a video file (not on a disc), CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra searches for a subtitle file in the same directory where the video file is located. If a file is found, the subtitles are loaded and the Subtitles option is enabled in the Express Menu.
    Im put the .srt on the same folder and same name (example: file.ts file.srt ) on a .ts mpeg2 stream file but powerdvd7 cant show the subtitle = with xvid videos powerddvd7 cant show the subtitle .

Wich format or extension of subtitle is compatible with powerdvd 7 ultra? i have subtitle workshop to change the subtitle extension .

Only with zoomplayer and directvobsub work for me but im need the same on powerdvd7 .

Anybody help me?

Thanks and sorry my english!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i would assume they know what they are advertising and unless you want to convert your .ts to an avi, divx, or wmv then external subs will not work.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks but Same with file like .avi (xvid) the subtitles not work .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anybody help me? im try with some divx (.avi) , xvid (.avi) and powerdvd cant display subtitles

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try installing VSFilter / DirectVobSub. It may be able to work with PowerDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, sorry for bumping an old thread. If you name the subtitle file the same as the video file(such as movie.avi and movie.srt) powerdvd will automatically detect the subtitles.
    Quote Quote