VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rapid, precision editing with lightning-fast saves!

Does it exist in an (simple) editor for AVI (divx/xvid/mpeg-4)?

The KEY is being able to 'speed edit' and save my edits in a snap. The prob I've had with saving AVI/MPEG-4 edits is that a 22-min. edit can literally take 22-min to save. Whereas, I can save a rough cut of a 22-min MPEG-2 edit in more like 22 SECONDS with MyFlix-XE....review it, make changes, save again.....all on the fly.

I know the software, MyFlix-XE, isn't even made or supported any longer. BUT, it's about as pure to MPEGs as ACDSee was to jpegs (b4 it became bloatware). It's simple. It's FAST. You can play the video by frame, normal speed or fast -- forwards or backwards and cut things up SUPER FAST.....seriously, speed editing....with percision. THEN save and be reviewing your edits literally seconds later....MyFlix-XE only supports mpeg-1 and mpeg-2, but not VBR of either.

Is there a video editor equivalent of MyFlix-XE for avi/divx/xvid ? ...dare I include WMV in my request?

SolveigMM has the speed to save your cuts/trims....but seems to be a basic splitter/trimmer....it doesn't seem to be a true high-speed editor that allows you to really cut up and 'edit' a segment....with precision to boot.

For those familiar with MyFlix-XE...is there an equivalent with speed and precision of editing PLUS the speed of saving your edits that supports AVI (divx/xvid)? This would be a dream come true! Seriously.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I normally don't use it as an AVI editor...but I just did a test shot with a Divx file...cutting it down from 5 minutes to about 15 seconds with a random edit and it did it with absolute ease.
    Try AviDemux
    Don't let the name fool you...it does MUCH more than demux...and not just with AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looking into it now. Will comment once I have a chance to check it out. Does it save edits in record time?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by flobie11
    Looking into it now. Will comment once I have a chance to check it out. Does it save edits in record time?
    I simply left the program set at the default COPY for video and audio....shortened from the first
    frame....leaving me with about 15 seconds of the end of the AVI.....clicked SAVE...chose a name
    for the new file (.avi of course) and presto....damn near instant.
    Quote Quote