VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Are you addicted to chocolate?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So with Valentines Day around the corner any choco-holics around here?

I like chocoloate but i wouldn't say I'm addicted to it. Caffine I'm addicted to, chocolate is just a lingering obsession I guess you could say

Chocolate bars are more my thing than any other. Though hot chocolate is also good since I'm not a coffee drinker. (fyi I'm a pop/soda addict and that is where I get my caffinnee fix - pepsi and mountain dew mostly )

How about you?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I kind of hate it but will indulge on occasion. Mostly stuff like hot cocoa.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow only four minutes to get a response! Not bad.

Only problem is you forgot to vote Conquest! Don't worry you posted so that counts
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Evryday is Easter!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Serious problem here!! I eat at least one thing of chocolate a day. I'll actually get headaches and feel light headed if I don't get my daily fix. I swear I'm hypoglycemic, but the blood tests say otherwise.

Doesn't matter what kind it is, 3 musketeers, Reese's, hot cocoa, nestle's quick.............. be back need a fix
    Linux _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Toblerone is pretty good, but I rarely crave the stuff.

http://www.toblerone.com/
    Quote Quote  
  7. What are we, chicks?

(Mild addiction. Don't have it every day, but would if I could.)
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gadgetguy
    What are we, chicks?

(Mild addiction. Don't have it every day, but would if I could.)
    Chics only crave chocolate when they can't/don't get any, or when what they do get just isn't any good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    Only problem is you forgot to vote Conquest! Don't worry you posted so that counts
    There you go. I always forget to vote on these things.

Originally Posted by disturbed1
    Chics only crave chocolate when they can't/don't get any, or when what they do get just isn't any good.
    Wait a minute. That would mean... no, that can't be true. I mean, nothing. Nevermind.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think I might actually be allergic to chocolate. It makes me feel sick. As in doubled-over punched in the guts pain.

I can tolerate "hot chocolate" (cocoa), and the small chocolate-covered candy -- the little ones you get at Halloween -- like Snickers or Milky Way.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  11. Not all that crazy for it myself, kind of take-it-or-leave-it. I keep a ton of it around in the office because it keeps me VERY popular with the women on staff . Seriously, some cliches are totally true: there isn't a woman alive who can't be charmed by an offering of good chocolate. Works wonders around noon with the ladies who are "skipping lunch" and around 3pm on Friday when people start getting antsy. Since they're usually coming to me for tech help or to complain about something, chocolate is a handy shortcut to a happy face.

Lately everyone's on the "dark chocolate is so healthy!" bandwagon, so I've been keeping some Green & Blacks Organic 70% and 85% on hand for those fetishists. I've grown used to the 70%, kinda interesting, but 85% is gawdawful bitter and I'm getting reports that the slightest morsel of it results in an astonishing laxative effect , kinda like concentrated coffee.

Myself, I'm a Nestle Crunch and Goobers kid from way back.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    I think I might actually be allergic to chocolate. It makes me feel sick. As in doubled-over punched in the guts pain.

I can tolerate "hot chocolate" (cocoa), and the small chocolate-covered candy -- the little ones you get at Halloween -- like Snickers or Milky Way.
    Munchausen syndrome

Actually it's extremely uncommon (chocolate allergy ). Most people either wind being slightly lactose intolerant, or have some type of affliction towards gluten, or even soy. Since you tolerate cocoa, it's something else in in the chocolate. Food alergies suck! I get nasty reactions to shell fish, and have to be rushed to the hospital, and I love shrimp, lobster and crab
    Quote Quote  
  13. I usually have a Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate bar every weekend.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Chocolate doesn't like me since I'm allergic to it. I ate it as kid then suffered from coughing spasms due to asthma. Every now and then I'd drink one of those starbucks cafe mocha then hours later I feel like my throat is closing up and I get mucus. So I guess I'm still allergic to chocolate.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Depends, not huge fan of plain chocolate. On the other hand if it's chocolate of any kind mixed with nuts, peanut butter etc I could eat pounds of it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Chocolate: Yes!!!!!
    Confections: No!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My one aunt makes this killer chocolate cake, has coffee, nuts, large quantities of butter and other assorted bad things for you. Should be illegal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I must have chocolate every day. If I can't have it, somebody gets hurt!
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Finally, a poll we can sink our teeth into...so to speak...

I love chocolate. There're no two ways about it.

Dove chocolate is the best for everyday munching, but Hersey's will do in a pinch.

Come Easter time, my boys and I will have some Cadbury Creme Eggs. Those things are to die for.

After Easter, we will be in line early at our area Kroger to buy a box of them on the cheap. I have to hide them so they won't all disappear in two hours.

We love chocolate.

...and if that makes us chicks, well, I can take it, but you might have trouble explaining it to son #1 - 6'3", 185 lbs., nationally ranked swimmer, solid muscle. The job's all yours.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by disturbed1
    slightly lactose intolerant, or have some type of affliction towards ... soy.
    Yep. That's me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am addicted. So much so that, though I can go to bed hungry and ignore it until morning, but I have, on occasion, gotten out of bed in the middle of the night and left the house to go and get chocolate that I MUST have.
    Come Easter time, my boys and I will have some Cadbury Creme Eggs. Those things are to die for.
    I'm partial to the caramel eggs myself... though if I eat an entire four-pack (which I do because I can't stop!) I start getting chest palpitations...

Yep. Seriously addicted.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    wow this is a fun poll! Keep it coming!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  24. moderate addict...I admit
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I like the stuff but I don't have to have it all the time
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I really like chocolate, especially the really good stuff, but only indulge infrequently (maybe two or three times a month). Out here in the west coast USA, we have See's Candies who make truffles that are a truely blissful experience IMO. Their other chocolates are very good too. My wife actually dislikes chocolate though my kids would eat it all day every day if they could.
    Usually long gone and forgotten
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TheFamilyMan
    ...we have See's Candies who make truffles...
    ...No one knows the truffles I've seen...
    Quote Quote  
  28. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    YES. Plain chocolate. Chocolate with nuts or peanuts or mint or marzipan or pistachio. Chocolate cookies. Chocolate cupcakes. Chocolate ice cream.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    junk food aside...

make a poll about REAL FOOD that people might eat
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Arby's has these new chocolate pies. It's not too heavy on the choco, so I was fine with it.
    Quote Quote