VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    @dv8shun

Thanks for sharing those files. Always nice to see people upload actual video samples.

Although as I understand your post you re-encoded them ... mind if I ask why?

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    Mostly so I can play back any captured footage on my laptop and my even older P4 desktop. They didn't seem to like those TS files at all. And I guess to save space when I start capturing at the highest quality.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was playing around with GraphStudio, and found it has a scheduler built in. I did a 10 minute test and it seemed to work just fine. That's certainly a nice option to have for unattended recordings
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by VegasBud
    I was playing around with GraphStudio, and found it has a scheduler built in.
    Cool. Nice to have another option.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by dv8shun
    -With VBR TS files and MPC, if I seek using the progress bar, the video goes from 60fps to 1fps. The video has be re-opened and palyed back from the beginning to fix the issue.
    -The preview window inH.264 TS Cutter doesn't seem to work with VBR TS files.
    I just remembered something else I did that may have helped with these problems. Haali Media Splitter has some input options that I tweeked. I bumped "Input Buffer Size" and "Number Of TS Packets To Scan" up by something like 5x or 10x.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Originally Posted by dv8shun
    -With VBR TS files and MPC, if I seek using the progress bar, the video goes from 60fps to 1fps. The video has be re-opened and palyed back from the beginning to fix the issue.
    -The preview window inH.264 TS Cutter doesn't seem to work with VBR TS files.
    I just remembered something else I did that may have helped with these problems. Haali Media Splitter has some input options that I tweeked. I bumped "Input Buffer Size" and "Number Of TS Packets To Scan" up by something like 5x or 10x.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot. I also just updated my post a bit in case people wanted to see 720p and 1080i footage.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For those interested, the 5.1 sound drivers are out for the HD-PVR.

I also have a newb "problem" that hopefully some of you can help/educate me with.

As far as the TS recordings go, 480p and 720p are quite easy to convert to other formats. But I have yet to find a suitable method to convert 480i and 1080i footage with great results. Basically, I want to take the TS file, de-interlace it and convert it to 59.94fps DivX AVI file.

So here's what I've been using to attempt this:
    Avisynth 2.57
    VirtualDub 1.8.6
    DGAVCIndex 1.0.2
    "Deinterlace - Smooth" (A Virtualdub filter from http://www.guthspot.se/video)

Random note: That filter does work quite well for a standard AVI source file. But I'm trying to find a way to save a step and not have to convert any 480i/1080i TS files to uncompressed AVIs.

Here's the basic process I've tried:

-Use DGAVCIndex to "convert" TS to a DGA project (With the "Treat I as IDR" option turned on)

-Make an AVS script with the following:
    LoadPlugin("DGAVCDecode.dll")
    AvcSource("480i_13.5Mbps_VBRPeak_P3_01_cut.dga")
    ComplementParity
    separatefields

-Open VirtualDub, add the filter, open AVS file, try to encode the file to a DivX AVI. The final AVI is still quite interlaced and better yet, there is no audio (Which should illustrate how inexperienced I am with VirtualDub).

To summarize, I need assistance with two things:
    1) To deinterlace a 480i/1080i HD-PVR TS file properly and
    2) For the final DivX AVI to have sound

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It might look something like this:

Code:
    LoadPlugin("PATH\DGAVCDecode.dll")
    Load_Stdcall_Plugin("PATH\yadif.dll")
    LoadPlugin("PATH\BassAudio.dll")

Video=AVCSource("PATH\SOMEVIDEO.dga").Yadif(order=1)
    Audio=BassAudioSource("PATH\SOMEVIDEO PID 1100 DELAY -28ms.aac")
    DelayAudio(Audio,0.028)
    Audiodub(Video,Audio)
    In this example I used Yadif to deinterlace, feel free to use whatever you feel is suitable

The delay written on the demuxed audio track by DGAVCIndex is the value you enter for the DelayAudio in decimal format

If you are using the AC3 beta recording, you can use NicAC3Source() instead if you want for the audio

If you do all your editing thru .avs scripts (eg. cropping, resizing, deinterlacing), you can avoid uncessarly color conversion and slight quality loss in vdub by using "fast recompress" instead of "full processing" mode, and encoding time will be faster too.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I agree -- Yadif() is a good choice for a smart bob (30 i to 60 p). The only better choice would be TempGuass_beta1() which is horrendously slow.

Be aware that 60 fps probably won't play in set-top Divx/DVD players. Slower computers will have problems keeping up too. Film sources should be inverse telecined to 24 fps instead.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies. Pretty helpful information. With it, I was able to get some decent results with these AVS files. Any suggestions are welcomed as always.

For interlaced captures. I just change mode to 1 if I want 59.94 output:
    LoadPlugin("<PATH>\DGAVCDecode.dll")
    Load_Stdcall_Plugin("<PATH>\yadif.dll")
    LoadPlugin("<PATH>\BassAudio.dll")

Video=AvcSource("<PATH TO DGA PROJECT>").Yadif(mode=0,order=1).Crop(<VALUES>).La nczos4Resize(<VALUES>)
    Audio=BassAudioSource("<PATH TO AAC FILE>").DelayAudio(<VALUE>)
    Audiodub(Video,Audio)

For progressive captures:
    LoadPlugin("<PATH>\DGAVCDecode.dll")
    LoadPlugin("<PATH>\BassAudio.dll")

Video=AvcSource("<PATH TO DGA PROJECT>").Crop(<VALUES>).Lanczos4Resize(<VALUES>)
    Audio=BassAudioSource("<PATH TO AAC FILE>").DelayAudio(<VALUE>)
    Audiodub(Video,Audio)

I moved DelayAudio as the audio wasn't syncing properly when it was on its own line.

I only plan on playing back any converted files on my computers. No burning to Blu-rays, DVDs, etc.

Anyways, until this weekend, I never realized how powerful AviSynth and VirtualDub were. Good stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by dv8shun
    Anyways, until this weekend, I never realized how powerful AviSynth and VirtualDub were
    And you've barely scratched the surface!
    Quote Quote