VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello I see just about every Toshiba XS model manual available online except the one I just got , the RD-XS35.
    Can someone point me towards an online copy of that manual and why is that one hard to find? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Last time I checked the Toshiba website they did NOT have this manual in PDF format. Why? I have no idea. However my understanding is that it really is not that different ... in fact I think very nearly the same ... as the older RD-XS34 model and I think the Toshiba website does have a PDF manual for the 34 model.

I don't have either ... was just doing research on them once. I am a Pioneer fan myself when it comes to stand alone DVD recorders but I've heard and seen samples that indicate that the 34/35 models from Toshiba are just as good ... maybe even a hair's breath better than the Pioneer models. Only problem is that they seem to be overly sensitive to cable TV and satellite TV copy protection whereas the Pioneer models seem less sensitive. As I recall the Toshiba models seem to think copy protection sometimes exist when it really doesn't and thus will not record.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Go to this page, select Year: 2006, Product: DVD Recorders, Model: RD-XS35 and click Go.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes Fulci I was going to use the XS34 (or 55) manual if I had to but now I don't.
    Thanks so much p_I and thanks Toshiba Canada!
    Quote Quote