VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DEAR FRIEND

I'm going crazy in searching answer .(doing this for 1 week) . PLS HELP. I KNOW YOU ARE THE ANSWER!!

HERE MY QUESTION.

I WANT TO PUT SUBTITLE ON AVI MOVIE FILE BY CONVERTING IN VERY SHORT TIME FOR MY DVD PLAYER FORMAT. JUST LIKE AVISUB ..(MY DVD PLAYER IS NOT DIVX SUBTITLE SUPPORTED BUT COULD READ AVI. & DIVX MOV. -ITS PROMAC BRAND-)
    I don't like to wait for long time to put /converting subtitle using Tempgenc plus & Auto GK.

ANY SOFTWARE THAT WILL FIT TO MY WANT..
    PLS ANSWER ASAP.. ANY IDEA?

IM AXXO & FXG FANS..!!TNX TO THEM..HAVE A LONG LIFE.. [/size]
    [/size]

THANKS FOR TIME & PATIENT FRIEND HAVE A NICE DAY !!!

[/b]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Troll posting
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Troll posting--WHAT DO YOU MEAN? IM STILL WAITING..TO MY FRIEND BALDRICK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your player can't handle external .srt subtitles (just put movie.avi + movie.srt on the same disk, and your player should pick them up) there's no other way than to hard sub your AVIs, which means reencoding which takes time, no matter how little you like the fact.
    And beware: aXXo & FXG are movie pirates, which we neither like nor discuss here at VideoHelp.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry Mr. mats.hogberg.. ok I understood...ANY SOFTWARE CAN U REFER JUST LIKE AVISUB. so Im using tempgenc plus..can u teach me how to use it well..it takes me 3 hours to reencode 1 avi..huh so long.. ANY REFERRAL SOFTWARE.. TNX MATS..
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What format are your subtitles in?
    Many DVD/AVI players will display AVI subtitles if they're in the right format, and in the same directory, and named the same as the video.
    You could try burning your DivX movie and the subtitle file onto a disk, and trying the Subtitle button on your remote.
    For instance, burning justins_video.avi and justins_video.srt onto the same disk could well work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Depending on your computer specs and movie length, 3 hours to reencode is not out of the ordinary.
    However, most DVD Players that play AVI files, also handles subtitles in .srt format. Just follow mine/KBeee's advice. If yours don't - You have to reencode using something like AutoGK. Which, as you've noticed, takes time. Regardless of what software you use. Only a faster computer would make any significant difference.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by justin1983
    sorry Mr. mats.hogberg.. ok I understood...ANY SOFTWARE CAN U REFER JUST LIKE AVISUB. so Im using tempgenc plus..can u teach me how to use it well..it takes me 3 hours to reencode 1 avi..huh so long.. ANY REFERRAL SOFTWARE.. TNX MATS..
    And you are unable to let a 3 hour re-encode job run while you sleep because ... ? Hint - if you let if run while you sleep, does it really matter if it takes 3 hours?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    And you are unable to let a 3 hour re-encode job run while you sleep because ... ? Hint - if you let if run while you sleep, does it really matter if it takes 3 hours?
    From KBeee & mats.hogberg.. I did what u instructed.. I burned the movie & sub. as data in the same folder For instance. movie.avi & movie.srt. ..but .. when I playing o my DVD player..it could read only the movie w/o Subtitle.... I tried to browse its sub. nothings appear. it's only the movie file.. what can I do..Is my DVD PLAYER HAVE A PROBLEM..Oh i cry.. pls help me any possible way friend,?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From KBeee & mats.hogberg.. I did what u instructed.. I burned the movie & sub. as data in the same folder For instance. movie.avi & movie.srt. ..but .. when I playing o my DVD player..it could read only the movie w/o Subtitle.... I tried to browse its sub. nothings appear. it's only the movie file.. what can I do..Is my DVD PLAYER HAVE A PROBLEM..Oh i cry.. pls help me any possible way friend,?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, it seems like your player doesn't support (at least .srt) subtitles. Or:
    On one of my players, I have to first select the .SRT file, then the AVI file. It will then be played with subtitles. If I just select the AVI, it plays without subtitles.
    Keeping your file names short (8.3) may also improve matters.
    If all else fails - Read the manual! What does your DVD player manual say about subtitle support?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you can use my post for this problem
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic272736-180.html
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg

/Mats
    Do you know if the name of the folder needs to be short also, or just the video files/subs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Up to your hardware, but sticking to 8.3 file/folder names is a rule I try to employ as much as possible. No "odd" characters, no spaces... Make it as easy as possible for your hardware.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On one of my players, I have to first select the .SRT file, then the AVI file. It will then be played with subtitles. If I just select the AVI, it plays without subtitles.
    If all else fails - Read the manual! What does your DVD player manual say about subtitle support?

/Mats

Maybe! how could my file name make 8.3?can u give an instance? & I will.. im just newbee here. if my dvd player doesn't support (at least .srt) subtitles?? is there any way?tnx BRO..
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM

/Mats

Maybe! how could my file name make 8.3?can u give an instance? & I will.. im just newbee here. if my dvd player doesn't support (at least .srt) subtitles?? is there any way?tnx BRO..
    8.3 mean the file name must be 12345678.123 in which 12345678 is the file name anh 123 is the file type such as avi not divx.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Up to your hardware, but sticking to 8.3 file/folder names is a rule I try to employ as much as possible. No "odd" characters, no spaces... Make it as easy as possible for your hardware.

/Mats
    Sometimes it is hard to come up with only a 8 letter name, but I guess I'll try to do that from now on. And how about the name you give to your DVD, that doesn't need to be 8 letter as well right :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    how could my file name make 8.3
    Renaming files? Surely you're compuer literate enough to do that?
    AVI names at times look like This.is.the.name.of.the.latest.movie.XviD.ac3.DVDR ip_FXY_.avi, and the sub conversively named This.is.the.name.of.the.latest.movie.XviD.ac3.DVDR ip_FXY_.srt - Rename to latestmv.avi and latestmv.srt - eight characters (or less), a period, and three (or less) characters. Safe and sound.

/Mats
    Quote Quote