VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just started burning DVD's so I can show them on my TV. I just completed the first one and the sound and quality are good. The only problem I have and don't like is that the DVD video plays through and then immediately starts palying the same video over again. I would like it to stop after it plays once like a DVD movie. I am burning them in a DVD_NTSC format which I assume is correct for playback. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's an authoring issue. If there's no menu at all, I guess it's up to the player to determine what to do once the movie has finished (if it's not authored to repeat). If you have a menu, you can author the DVD to return to the menu after finish. What did you use to author your DVD?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Mats is right. It's an authoring issue. What did you use to make the DVD? The only program I ever used that did this by default was the ancient DVD Maestro program.

It might be possible in IFOEdit to fix this problem, but I don't know what would have to be changed to fix it. The forums at http://www.doom9.net might have an IFOEdit expert who can help you, assuming nobody here knows how to fix this problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDRemake: add 'Exit' command (from Jump/Call instructions dropdown) to the beginning of Post commands list of the last PGC.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you made a Menu for your project, get PGCEdit (free), load project to it, find your movie and edit Post Commnd as shown.

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the answers. The only problem is I am a newbie and so am not familier with DVD authoring. I made the DVD using AoA DVD Creator. Looked at the help menu and it doesn't seem to have anything about where I can force the DVD to just play once. Is there a better DVD creating software, without a steep learning curve out there that I should use instead of AoA DVD Creator?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It all depends how much do you want to get involved. There is lots of software which will let you make simple or complex menu DVD. Just check this page under Authoring DVD.

https://www.videohelp.com/tools
    Quote Quote