VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I received a box set of a tv series from Europe for Christmas. I came as 5 disks each with 3-4 episodes on it, 21 in total. They are in PAL and since my tv won't play them I wanted to convert them to NTSC. I am new to converting so I chose the long way I think since what I did was to rip each title to avi using FreeDVDripper, and then converted them back to DVD using AVI2DVD, changing PAL to NTSC. The problem is, I am using the ImgBurn to burn the ISO file and that only lets me fit one movie on a DVD disk. What can I use to fit more than one?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can't you load several episodes in avi2dvd and make one dvd from them? If not then use something else like convertxtodvd or if you prefer free tools try favc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have also potentially thrown away a lot of quality by converting to avi, then back to DVD. There are better methods, and they would give you control over the quality and number of episodes per disc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use TMPGEnc DVD Author3, which allows me to start a project as NTSC and then import the Titles (be they PAL or not) from the DVD folder. But this is not a free tool, it's an expensive program.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wanted to use free tools since I don't do much with video files and I really don't know much about the whole process. Even with free tools I often have no idea what all the options and terms mean (and I do read all the instructions I can find).
    The quality is not that important, since these are old movies (late 70s) and the original quality is not that great to begin with. I needed ease of use and I really couldn't find an easy way to convert PAL to NTSC.
    How else could I go about converting one PAL dvd disk (with 4 titles on it) into one NTSC dvd disk. Using free tools? Easy tools!
    Quote Quote