VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ever since i used an air compressor to blow all the dust out of my computer case i have been having problems with my pioneer a05 burner, it will play dvd's fine but when i try to burn i get the same error message over and over, i use verbatim and sony dvd-r i also tried taiyo yuden dvd-r's could the burner have gone bad from blowing out the dust?I checked all the wires and made sure everything was plugged in. I also ugraded the firmware and tried deleting the drive from device manager and let it rebuild itself all to no avail.I have tried nero primo prassi and clone dvd i get errors every time now, If you think it is the burner which would you reccomend?
    thanks
    Mike..
    here is the error message i get please help

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've read that blowing compressed air into a dvd burner is not the best. It just sounds like your old PIONEER drive has bit the dust as far as burning goes for dvd media.

Buy the newest PIONEER 115 drive.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    With the price of burners at present and age of your burner, a replacement would be the best option.

Using a air compressor to blow out the inside of a PC case usually works OK, as long as you hold your CPU and case fans so as not to overspeed them and damage the bearings.

The same isn't true for enclosed drives like burners or floppy drives. You only push the dirt and grunge further into the mechanism.

And the type of air compressor makes a difference. A regular piston compressor used for painting or at a gas station uses oil for lubrication. You don't want that sprayed in there. And unless it has a water trap or you are in a dry climate, you may get a fair amount of water out of the air line. I would also do it outdoors as you don't want to breathe that dust. I also use a fine brush to dislodge the dust and lint first. A vacuum cleaner running at the same time will suck it out easier.

Diaphragm compressors like some tire inflater or air brush compressors don't use oil, so a bit safer. Or better yet is some 'canned air' as long as you keep the can upright.

For optical drives, just clean the lens and never use air inside the drive. Isopropyl alcohol (99%) and a lint free Q-tip type of cleaner works best.

But your problem sounds different. Usually a dirty lens will give you a 'power calibration error' at the beginning of the burn. What you list sounds like a mechanical problem with the burner or a failing laser. Still, a replacement is the easiest option.

One test is trying to burn a CD. That uses a different laser. If that works OK, then the DVD laser is supect.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by monkeydna View Post
    HI I am experiencing the same thing. I have an LG 11 target duplicator however i get the NG:01 F-> msg on different targets. Has this happened to anyone? Thanks!
    don't post duplicate questions. and don't dig up 7 year old threads that aren't really related to your problem.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by monkeydna View Post
    This has to be the most snobbish forum ever in existence. Bad manners, apparently poor upbringing.
    Bye bye.
    Quote Quote