VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anybody know how to remove a stuck tape in a sony ccd-trv608?

I popped the tape in and it closed halfway then a yellow arrow up with a line under it popped up on the LCD.

Now the tape won't come out.

Please help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. First thing I'd do is to turn off the camera and unplug the power. Wait a few minutes and plug back in. It might just reset itself and kick the tape out.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, thanks for responding. I've reset it a couple times with the reset button. The guide lifts about 5 cm then stops and doesn't eject. Then I have to reset to make it go back down.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I can see the tape is destroyed inside the carriage. I took the carriage cover off to investigate and the tape is ripped. Basically spinning around when I try to rewind or fastforward. But the tape refuses to come out of the carriage
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would take it to a shop you, or someone you know REALLY well, trusts!!!

Doing it yourself with no presumed background in this sort of thing can destroy the tape or the heads or all.

Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, tapes destroyed. I can see that perfectly. Could care less about the tape now. I just want the tape out.
    Quote Quote  
  7. What kinds of sounds do you hear when the guide moves? Does it sound like something is hindering the mechanism?

EDIT... Oooh. Nevermind.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just a few feet of tape is gone...can be spliced
    as mentioned, if you plan on using this cam in the future, take it to a reputable shop as you'll need to find the cause anyway...and get it repaired properly
    if you get the tape out yourself, you'll be tempted to insert another without finding out why the first tape goofed...

<edit> wait a sec...isn't this a new camera? just may be a cheap tape that's binding. if so, you can try running them back and forth from start to finish then back again to loosen the tape within</edit>
    Quote Quote