VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apologies if this is the wrong forum but is there a way to covert downloaded programmes to dvd yhanks for any advice
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why would you want to bother? Seeing all the hype around BBC iPlayer, I installed it and downloaded a programme. The quality is so appallingly low that I couldn't watch it! It makes some of the stuff on YouTube seem like good quality.

If you want to archive anything to DVD get a DVD recorder and record it when it's shown.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks well I have a dvd recorder and can record from tv card on pc but that aint no good if you missed the programme I dont know about the quality being poor watched about 5 mins and was ifine on mine
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can use a program called tunebite but it will only work if your computer is fast enough,you need to select an mpeg template and it will only record the downloaded file in realtime(it plays the drm protected file in media player and then records from media player)so its a slow method.You then need to put the file created by tunebite into a dvd authoring program such as TMPGEnc DVD Author to create a DVD .
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks had alook at it but why does it need tonstall Windows 2000 drivers
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded some of the BBC FOUR past pop programmes, using BBC I Player... The quality has be excellent. just as good as transmitted. They say is will be watchable for 30 days.... then what..? I await and see... meanwhile it is on my desktop to see if it disappears.

I repeat the pic and sound quality is excellent, downloaded as a WMV file and easierly converted to a compliant DVD file using most suitable converters.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you will find its only 7 days after you first play it also it is not a normal wmv file otherwise I would have no prob putting it on dvd. Pray tell me which video convertor Ihave have several and tried several more the best I can do is get it on dvd as data which is ok for pc but not player.Hence my query
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm surprised to hear the quality being described as excellent? I tried with downloading a programme I had watched the previous night so I could compare and viewed it from my laptop plugged into a 32" LCD TV. It was terrible! It showed just about every artifact known to affect video.

I'd be interested to know what you have been viewing on.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would agree the qualty is fine on the pc surely a fairer comparison would have to be via dvd played on main player and tv the benchmark for any audio or video has always been for me at least, is it of recordable quality.Pumping it from laptop to tv may even be better than dvd I'll let you know if I ever manage to convert it
    Quote Quote