VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I noticed that in the first fame of most of my avis I get the following warning message:

"warning: nothing to output bframe decoder lag"

After I get this message the avi plays fine.
    I used virtualdubmod to cut an avi yesterday and I had gotten that message in the first few frames of the vid. Previous to that I had never had this message.

Anyone know why MPC is now displaying that message for some avis and how can I get rid of it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    That forum didn't explain why MPC is showing it at the beginning of almost all my avis. Why is virtualdubmod putting messages in MPC?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes it does.

Read jababo's post - he explains it clearly
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    The words media player classic or MPC don't appear on that page. I'm sorry I don't know about bframes and packed bitstreams. I just wanna know how to get rid of it from MPC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've never seen nor dealt with this issue, but in reference to the other post linked above, it would appear your files are corrupt/damaged and need to be repaired/altered.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know about damaged - but it seems that when you were reencoding the video, the message was added as the first frame. It'll probably play like that in whatever player you choose, unless you go back and edit the frame out of the video.

(Huh. I didn't think Xvid actually added that message to the video... I used to think it was just an error message of sorts displayed by the decoder during playback.)
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote