VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I took about 4 min of dv and laid audio to it and the encoded it to .wmv . It came out to 104mb, which is too big to get on the internet. When I got to make movie it shows that it should only be about 14mb, what am I doing wrong?

I was able to down convert it to 11.5mb, @ 786 kbps. How do I do this in Vegas, without using an outside converter?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you click on File -> Render you can chose which container to render to. If you click on the Custom button you can then chose what codec, and over-ride any preset values with custom ones. If you change the bitrate here, you will affect the file size.

It's all in the manual and help files.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, I didnt find anything in the manual for the advanced settings you were speaking of. I'll check in help files after this test. Is there a way to set the rendering size and then the prog. sets the birate accordingly? I know I need it to be .wmv and 20mb or under to post to the website. I'll look for more info on settings for rendering as.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    use a bitrate calculator to work out what bitrate you need to get that file size.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when using the bitrate Calc., My target codec is .wmv. ANy recomendations
    Nevermind I think I got it.
    I guess the only other question I have now is 512kbps the max bit setting without going into hd templates, in .wmv
    Quote Quote