VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I am dealing with a DVD player so I figured you might be able to help.

I just used TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 to author a disc, and used Nero to burn. The problem arises when I try to play the disc in a different player. I understand that some players might not be able to play home-made discs while other can and there are other reasons, but is there any way I can tamper with the authoring or burning process to have a greater chance of the disc being allowed to play?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The "usual" answers are:
    1) Use ImgBurn to burn;
    2) Use quality media - Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are the ones that are usually recommended because they tend to be the most consistent. Anything else usually results is some burning/working properly and some not, even in the same cakebox.

I've only burned a few hundred DVDs (waaaay fewer than many here ), but I've followed the above and have yet to have a bad burn or playability problems.

Cheers,
    Jim
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The suggestions Jim44 makes will often solve user's problems. The media change particularly. In my opinion using Imgburn though desireable for other reasons probably won't solve your problem.

This is because bad media and the use of certain media/burner pairs will cause compatibility problems. And of course certain players are very intolerant of certain media and burns.

Given the little information you have provided on your process and problem, they are all that can be suggested.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only other thing that *might* make a difference, expecially if any of your problematic players are older players, would be to use DVD-R disks, if you're not already.
    DVD-R disks sometimes will play better in older players than will DVD+R disks.
    Quote Quote