VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

In a previous thread I submitted a "renovation" of the 3GP Converter, It's been a while so I have started a new thread with the latest version.

PLEASE SEE:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic354952.html#1876280
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also upload the file directly in the forum. THe file size limit is 6MB. (I hate all download services where you have to wait or type in a code...).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick,
    Thanks very much for letting me know, 6 Mb is pretty generous!! I'll change it ASAP.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you very much GMaq

I shall post the feedback here.
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  5. I tried twice to convert, but every time even after the Progress Bar disappeared after completion ( showing 100%), I could not find any output in the chosen output folder!

I am not sure whether I have missed anything or did something wrong. I have chosen 1000kbps WS 1 Pass setting to convert a DivX file.
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK,
    How the program works is that it uses ffmpeg to write your encoded file into a temporary file, then uses NicMp4Box to mux it into an iTunes friendly .mp4 container. When the progress meter stops it is finished doing the temp files but not the muxing. When the muxing is finished the converter will close itself. If you went to check your output directory as soon as the progress bar disappeared then there would be no file because the muxer hadn't finished writing the file to the output directory yet.......Make Sense?

If you have encoded a full movie it will take approximately 7-10 minutes after the progress bar disappears to actually have finished muxing and writing the output file, at which point the 3GP Converter GUI should close itself.

Just for a test I downloaded 3GP iPod Converter from this thread and encoded a test DVD music video with the same preset you selected, it worked fine, so my best guess is you haven't waited long enough for the muxing to complete.

Hope this helps! Thanks for taking the time to try the Converter!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank you very much GMaq

Silly me, I should have thought about it. Basically the misunderstanding stems from my first use. While using it first I have put 3 files in a row, but even when the last file was being converted, the first converted file was not there in the location. So I thought there must be something that I was missing (or messing )

I shall surely give it another try and let you know.

Overall its a great tool, because from a newbie's stand point it is very easy to use, and no frills.

Thank you developing this great tool.
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hello GMaq

Here is the update

I have waited for about 50 mins after the progress bar disappeared but the program never closed itself. Though I have found that the final muxed file is created at the destination, though I'm not sure after how much time it was created. I closed the program manually.

Do I need to change the settings in the program so the the program closes itself after the conversion and file creation is completed? There is one check box under Option menu which mentions something about closing the program automatically and that is checked by default. Still the program did not close itself after 50 minutes of waiting.
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    src2206,

Thanks for you time and patience evaluating the program.

If you go into the 3GP Hi-Res iPod folder that you run the program from, open the "iPod Converter.ini" file with notepad then scroll down the text until you see the line "Exit if finished" you should have an "=1" there, if it says "=0" then change it to "=1" and click save (not save as) in the notepad file menu. that should do it, It may be a good idea to close and restart the program to allow the new changes to take.

If you right click on the GUI and select the "Show Log" it will tell you whats going on behind the scenes and whether or not it is finished.

Hope this gets it working, On another topic I have a version of GtkPod-aac installed again and will have a look at it this weekend to see if we can sort out your other problem in Linux. All the best - GMaq
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hello GMaq

Honestly, the pleasure is all mine . I would rather thank you again for taking out your precious time to develop such a wonderful little program.

Now to the business, Here are two observations which you may find interesting:

1. I have checked out the ini file. the line already has its value set to "1"!

2. I have converted a very short video using the same setting, and this time the GUI closed itself after the conversion. I am not sure whether the previous observation/ trouble is related with the video length or not. To ensure that I am going to put another movie in the same format and encode it using a same setting as previous. but this time I shall leave it running while I'll be sleeping. The program will be getting about 6 hrs of continuous run time. So in the morning I shall be getting a feedback and I'll surely post that here.

I have found the Log Window and last time it showed Finish at the last line and all the previous line (except the last but one) was regarding successful creation of iso (if I remember correctly).

Regarding GTKpod, I'll be waiting patiently.

Regards....
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    src2206,

Thanks for the encouragement, I should point out that I didn't develop 3GP Converter, the original one by a Japanese developer has been around for a few years, later it was retooled by ssj2_goha (a member here) and then I rewrote the transcoding core with an updated ffmpeg and the presets I developed for WinFF.

Not to bore you with my life story, I just don't want to take credit for something that has been improved by the efforts of several people.

Take Care
    Quote Quote  
  12. I never get bored with facts...it just interests me more. I am not a developer and may be because of that I greatly appreciate good development work. Yes you may have improved from something else, but I do not think that takes away any credit from you. In my humble opinion you do deserve all the credit bestowed on you. Keep up the good work my friend.

Now to business:

Here is the log lines from the log window (last phase)

Originally Posted by converter Log
    ISO File Writing: | | (04/100)
    ISO File Writing: |= | (05/100)
    ISO File Writing: |= | (06/100)
    ISO File Writing: |= | (07/100)
    ISO File Writing: |= | (08/100)
    ISO File Writing: |= | (09/100)
    ISO File Writing: |== | (10/100)
    ISO File Writing: |== | (11/100)
    ISO File Writing: |== | (12/100)
    ISO File Writing: |== | (13/100)
    ISO File Writing: |== | (14/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=== | (15/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=== | (16/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=== | (17/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=== | (18/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=== | (19/100)
    ISO File Writing: |==== | (20/100)
    ISO File Writing: |==== | (21/100)
    ISO File Writing: |==== | (22/100)
    ISO File Writing: |==== | (23/100)
    ISO File Writing: |==== | (24/100)
    ISO File Writing: |===== | (25/100)
    ISO File Writing: |===== | (26/100)
    ISO File Writing: |===== | (27/100)
    ISO File Writing: |===== | (28/100)
    ISO File Writing: |===== | (29/100)
    ISO File Writing: |====== | (30/100)
    ISO File Writing: |====== | (31/100)
    ISO File Writing: |====== | (32/100)
    ISO File Writing: |====== | (33/100)
    ISO File Writing: |====== | (34/100)
    ISO File Writing: |======= | (35/100)
    ISO File Writing: |======= | (36/100)
    ISO File Writing: |======= | (37/100)
    ISO File Writing: |======= | (38/100)
    ISO File Writing: |======= | (39/100)
    ISO File Writing: |======== | (40/100)
    ISO File Writing: |======== | (41/100)
    ISO File Writing: |======== | (42/100)
    ISO File Writing: |======== | (43/100)
    ISO File Writing: |======== | (44/100)
    ISO File Writing: |========= | (45/100)
    ISO File Writing: |========= | (46/100)
    ISO File Writing: |========= | (47/100)
    ISO File Writing: |========= | (48/100)
    ISO File Writing: |========= | (49/100)
    ISO File Writing: |========== | (50/100)
    ISO File Writing: |========== | (51/100)
    ISO File Writing: |========== | (52/100)
    ISO File Writing: |========== | (53/100)
    ISO File Writing: |========== | (54/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=========== | (55/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=========== | (56/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=========== | (57/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=========== | (58/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=========== | (59/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============ | (60/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============ | (61/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============ | (62/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============ | (63/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============ | (64/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============= | (65/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============= | (66/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============= | (67/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============= | (68/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============= | (69/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============== | (70/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============== | (71/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============== | (72/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============== | (73/100)
    ISO File Writing: |============== | (74/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=============== | (75/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=============== | (76/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=============== | (77/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=============== | (78/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=============== | (79/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================ | (80/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================ | (81/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================ | (82/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================ | (83/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================ | (84/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================= | (85/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================= | (86/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================= | (87/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================= | (88/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================= | (89/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================== | (90/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================== | (91/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================== | (92/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================== | (93/100)
    ISO File Writing: |================== | (94/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=================== | (95/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=================== | (96/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=================== | (97/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=================== | (98/100)
    ISO File Writing: |=================== | (99/100)

E>rm "C:\DOCUME~1\SROYCH~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\E0723681-82926A9D-FF662087-07C0C59D.mp4"
    E>rm ""D:\My Documents\Converted Videos\ipod\Casablanca.1942-0.log"
    T>Finished.
    I have given the software exactly 5 hrs 53 mins, but the main GUI window did not close. Though the file is there and it was perfectly in sync with iPod standard.

So it may be the length of the movie which is creating the problem. Just to add, the files were in XviD. I shall try it again with a MPEG2 file extracted from a DVD and let you know the feedback.

Hope these information help you.
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  13. When you press the "BROWSE" button, where does the directory go? Try choosing a directory first and see if that works. It looks like to me that it did encode cause it wrote to a temp directory and considering where the log went, the video should be there too. So the video is not in the ":\My Documents\Converted Videos\ipod\" directory?
    Quote Quote  
  14. I believe you missed my last post. The file was converted alright, but the GUI did not close itself as the Publisher/ Author of this tool pointed out. And it happened for large files.
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote