VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I got .tsp's (mpeg format) playing in MPlayer/Ubuntu. It's extracted from DVR HDD, onto disks formatted NTFS, and mounted with NTFS-3g.

Video is great. Audio changes to at least 3 channels. One channel was good audio, but included a 'narrarative' of the action. Another channel played good audio only (commercial). A third channel, during the primary video (movie), prompted language selection of the playing device.

I think this is a codec problem...

What do I need to do?

Thanks

(the file plays properly in 'Media Player Classic' when Windows is booted)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mplayer problem. Pressing # should cycle through the audio channels,

from the man page
    -aid <ID> (also see -alang)
    Select audio channel (MPEG: 0-31, AVI/OGM: 1-99, ASF/RM: 0-127, VOB(AC3): 128-159, VOB(LPCM): 160-191, MPEG-TS 17-8190). MPlayer prints the available audio IDs when run in ver‐
    bose (-v) mode. When playing an MPEG-TS stream, MPlayer/MEncoder will use the first program (if present) with the chosen audio stream.

-alang <language code[,language code,...]> (also see -aid)
    Specify a priority list of audio languages to use. Different container formats employ different language codes. DVDs use ISO 639-1 two letter language codes, Matroska and NUT
    use ISO 639-2 three letter language codes while OGM uses a free-form identifier. MPlayer prints the available languages when run in verbose (-v) mode.

EXAMPLE:
    mplayer dvd://1 -alang hu,en
    Chooses the Hungarian language track on a DVD and falls back on English if Hungarian is not available.
    mplayer -alang jpn example.mkv
    Plays a Matroska file in Japanese.
    You could also try VLC.
    Linux _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
    Quote Quote