VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I made a few DivX discs, and most of them work fine, but when I try to play some it says "Resolution not supported"

I can't seem to find a list of supported resolutions, anybody have any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What resolutions doesn't work for you? DivX DVD players doesn't support any HD resolutions(usually anything over ~720x576).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick is right. Anything above 720x576 won't be supported by your player.
    The "576" we include as it's easiest to just right a general rule and this is a PAL type resolution, but exceeding either of the values in 720x576 may be a problem. I am just making these numbers up to give you an example, but your player probably wouldn't play 800x480 video, even though the 480 is less than 576. If you are converting from high definition sources, your problem is that your resolutions are too large.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah, i got the same message, when i tried to play 800X600 file with my DVP3142.

By the way, do you got this thing with your Philips: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic344036.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Digiface
    Yeah, i got the same message, when i tried to play 800X600 file with my DVP3142.

By the way, do you got this thing with your Philips: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic344036.html
    800x600 will absolute NOT work on ANY currently sold Philips DVD players. In fact, the only DVD players that support Divx that will play this resolution will be those very few models (you can count them on one hand) that support HD Divx playback. No currently sold Philips model supports HD Divx playback.

I don't have the problem mentioned in the link. Then again, here in the USA we don't use SCART.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys! Yeah the resolution was 768x432, I didn't think it would have any trouble with that but I guess I'll just re-size to 704x396.

Oh and sorry about the two topics, I wasn't sure which forum to post it in so I posted in both, but I guess that was a bad idea.
    Quote Quote