VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Would someone be able to tell me what tools I need to to rip a PAL format region 2 dvd onto my region one laptops hard drive without changing the region coding? I have dvdshrink and ripitforme and hidownload(never used) and VISTA. (and KM player) plus I am a newbie. thx
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ripping should not be a problem, use DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip to your HDD & the region coding should be removed.

Playing a PAL dvd on any PC should not be a problem as PC's will play either format, PAL or NTSC, only the software/drive will be region intolerant.

Now when it come's to playing back this dvd, that has been ripped and burned back to a dvdr, on a standalone player, it may or may not play back depending on whether or not the standalone will convert PAL to NTSC or the TV will accept
    and play a PAL video is another issue.

PAL and Region coding are two diff. thing's.

All a ripper does is basically rip the content's of the DVD to your HDD while removing copy protections and region coding.
    Once that is done it is basically where/how do you want to watch it and if the hardware will allow it.

More specific details on what you wish to do with this PAL dvd would get a more specific answer 8)

I hope i made myself clear, as i sometimes tend to not make sense to other's at times just because i have been doing this a little longer and even though i make sense to myself in how i describe thing's i may not make sense to other's :P

And welcome to the forums!!!!!
    I hope your first post goes well 8)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it and you make perfect sense to me.

I don't need to put the file on a dvd, I only need to rip it to my hard drive and from there I can get it to a friend overseas. I could use dvd decrypter seeing's as I already have it and know how to use it? I assume it's the same as DVDFab HD Decryptor?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    In a way DVD Decrypter is the same as DVDFab HD Decrypter in that it will rip dvd's, except DVD Decrypter will not rip newer dvd's with newer copy protection's as DVD Decrypter has not been updated in somewhere around 2 years.

If DVD Decrypter will rip the dvd then you should not have problem.

DVDFab HD Decrypter is also free so it won't cost any $$$ to DL or use, and it is regularly updated for newer copy protection's on newer dvd's.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's good to know, thank you very much you have been a huge help.
    Quote Quote