VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Are electronics shows important to you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Do you follow electronic shows like the CES?

I'll try to grab some headlines but I am not a true follower of electronic or gaming shows.

How about you? Are you a show junkie?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. No.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I try to follow them as much as I am able. They have so many worldwide. I try to see what the major ones come up with. It's good to know what the manufactures are working on.

I've only attended a couple, but they are fun. And some companies have some nice 'give away' stuff to take home.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    I'll try to grab some headlines but I am not a true follower of electronic or gaming shows.
    About the same. A lot of the stuff there is a bunch of crap that will probably never make it to shelves or is just plain crap or for rich f$&ks that got more money than brains.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They are only important if the new products announced there are important. So this year's CES was not important, nor was last year's. I suspect next year's will also fall short.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The biggest problem with the shows is that you never can tell exactly what these companies will market in what country. If I go to these shows, it's with the understanding that more than half of what I see will probably never make it to my home shores. I haven't been to a convention of any sort since 2000 so I don't think I'm missing much....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I read the online computer mags reviews from CES these days, yes. But important? No, far from. What's important is what eventually hits the shelves, and then user feedback. Like this Swedish keyboard with OLED displays as key tops, weighing in at around Eur 1000. (Or their cheapo model with only the space bar(!) oled topped, and you can then buy extra OLED keytops one at a time for $17/key top!) Come on! DOA.

/Mats

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  8. I haven't been to any kind of trade show since 1981 when I went to the Practical Computing show in London. I got a single sided photocopy of a program to type into my ZX80 so I could play 'space invaders' in less than 1K of RAM !!!!

I think if one came within a few tens of miles of home, I might go. I can't really see travelling half way across the continent to gawp at things I'll never have a hope (or desire) of owning.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've never been to an electronics show. I think it'd been cool to go to at least one, though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. Lots of what you see ends up vaporware. I'd just assume not know about it.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote