VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I bought a WinTV HVR 950 capture card and captured some over-the-air programs, and I wanted to edit out some commercial breaks. However, I was not able to import the captured file directly into Premere Pro 2.0 on my computer, each time I tried the import, the computer just freezes and eventually I had to quit the program. I tried different project settings but still no good. The capture card setting says the captured video is DVD 2048, doesn't know what that means. Anyway, just want to find a way to edit the video, any advice would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've been experimenting with AviDemux(ignore the name - just try it) with my caps from my Hauppauge PVR-350...it hasn't rejected a file yet.
    I suspect you are capturing at the highest quality on your card....I haven't used that setting yet on my Hauppauge and it may just be your only option on your WinTV card I'm afraid. I've seen some complaints about that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cristolin
    ...The capture card setting says the captured video is DVD 2048, doesn't know what that means. Anyway, just want to find a way to edit the video, any advice would be appreciated.
    DVD2048 is a format that can't be read by Adobe. I understand that some people re-encode DVD2048 to standard MPEG2 (for DVD edit and authoring) using VideoReDo (about $30). In any case, DVD2048 is not compatible with the standard MPEG/DVD format. Users also say DVD2048 can't be played in Windows Media Player, but can be played with WinDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are you talking about recording digital TV? If so, it's MPEG _TS, transport streams that is. What little I can find by searching the term "dvd2048" isn't very enlightening. Must be terminology peculiar to Hauppage?

Try this for transport streams, it has basic editing capability and commercial detection, output is standard MPEG2. One of the best little programs I've come across in awhile. Free, here:

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/HDTVtoMPEG2

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote