VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using badgers vob2mpg to extract from vob files file plays fine using bagers Mpegdetails and checks out ok in Avicodec as well to show codecs are supported. MPG File then imported into SVCD2DVD this plays fine in svcd window . Files are burnt to compliant DVD using imageburn from within SVCD2DVD .
    However playing DVD in PC and on Pal Player, either picture stutters and then freezes, sound continues playing, or picture continues but sound plays for 1st 3 secs and then no sound. Extracting via dvd decrypter and burning disc the same vob files play fine. Any ideas[/b]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you post the logs from vob2mpg and svcd2dvd which represent this please?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks both logs are included in the one notepadfile enclosed

svcd2dvdlog-20080107082705.txt
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the logs....

Extracting via dvd decrypter and burning disc the same vob files play fine. Any ideas
    ok when you use decrypter - are you still authoring with svcd2dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    Thanks for the logs....

Extracting via dvd decrypter and burning disc the same vob files play fine. Any ideas
    ok when you use decrypter - are you still authoring with svcd2dvd?
    In answer to the quote using dvd decrypter , i am burning from within dvd decrypter and not authoring with the badger tools - this i believe shows that the vob extract from dvd decrypter is fine. I mentioned this just to help fault find .

I notice the vob2mpg log files show buffer underflow , is this part of the problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So what are you creating the DVD-VIDEO with? Or are you not and just burning a data dvd with a vob/mpeg on it?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dvd decrypter allows via backup and re author option , this then scans the dvd and burns to DVD . dvd decrypter doesnt have any fancy DVD menu options . the options are re author or backup full disc , its re encoded if larger than the destination to fit size ie 4.7 blank dvd. It creates the appropriate DVD compliant dvd folder structure and burns to hard disk or DVD. Re encoding if neccessary only for DVD burning, For hard disk folder no encoding takes place. However this doesnt allow a dvd menu to be created , Im illustrating the point that i dont believe dvd decrypter to be at fault as a dvd created on the above works fine.

If i want a DVD menu which I do
    , Once the vobs are extracted as in the above via dvd decrypter its option of saving the vobs to a hard disk folder is used, Dvd decrypters job is finished at that stage
    Onto vob2mpg to create a mpg from these vobs in the hard disk folder
    Import the mpg created into SVCD2DVD
    Sort out using the menu option and create Menu and Burn to dvd from within SVCD2DVD
    Once the DVD is created from within SVCD2DVD then I have a problem with playback as described in the original post
    Quote Quote  
  8. Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  9. It creates the appropriate DVD compliant dvd folder structure and burns to hard disk or DVD. Re encoding if neccessary only for DVD burning, For hard disk folder no encoding takes place.
    This is why I asked. Decrypter does NOT re-encode.

dvd decrypter allows via backup and re author option , this then scans the dvd and burns to DVD . dvd decrypter doesnt have any fancy DVD menu options . the options are re author or backup full disc , its re encoded if larger than the destination to fit size ie 4.7 blank dvd.
    This is a description of DVDShrink and fits a few other tools as well, DVD Decrypter is not one of them (but DVDFab Decrypter is).
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  10. Also, which version of decrypter are you using?
    Dwight

- Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote