VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So i picked up the new LG LDA-831 DVD player over Boxing Day (the one with a USB port). It looks great and the USB port works great with regular USB flash drives, but not so much luck with my external drive. I have a Western Digital 120Gb Passport 2.5" Drive which it doesn't recognize. The drive is FAT32 as recommended, so I'm not sure if i just have to re-format and start over.

The manual says that the unit only works with specific external drives......so the question is has anyone had any luck with any external drives or know of any specific ones that work???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try a different tool to perform the formatting: http://www.compuapps.com/Download/swissknife/swissknife.htm

Also ensure there isn't a limit on the HDD size. Some units do have size limits. If the manual doesn't specifically state a size limit, try formatting the drive after creating multiple partitions (such as 4 30GB partitions).
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i might just try that program. i was hoping for a simpler option......i might just reformat (but didnt want to lose my data on it - nowhere to put it)....oh well
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the same LDA-831 for 3 weeks,
    Works great with 80G Western Digital drive (1 partition FAT32) and with any USB memory flash drives from 512M to 4G.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try plugging it in if the harddrive has an external power supply option. I've read here that some dvd players don't have enough power to run usb drives on their own.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. What's the maximum gig HD you can use for this player and can anyone recommend a specific HD? Preferably one that keeps cool. Thanks!
    Quote Quote