VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to either uninstall WMP 10 and install WMP 9. Seems simple enough. It's not turning out that way.

I've tried the normal Add/Remove programs routine with WMP 10. It tells me it's going to rollback to an earlier version, which would be fine except I don't think there's one to rollback to. So it tells me the rollback failed.

Then I downloaded and tried to install WMP 9. It tells me there's a newer version on the computer and won't install.

It seems I'm caught in some sort of loop. I can't uninstall WMP 10 unless I install WMP 9, but I can't install WMP 9 until I uninstall WMP 10.

Is there any way out?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do a system restore to the time before you installed WMP10.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Uh huh. No. See I'm pretty sure it came installed. I can't format the hard drive either. It's not my computer.

It keeps giving me the blue screen of death when I try to watch certain DVDs. My stepdads instructions were to "not watch them on the computer."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Then you are pretty much out of luck. sorry...

I would suggest using a different player instead.

I would recommend either VLC or media player classic. Both are free.

You could try the windows installer cleanup utility as a last resort.

click here
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It may not be a WMP issue and the BSOD contains information which can assist in troubleshooting.

In any event, a different player as noted above, should resolve the issue.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you google "uninstall windows media player" you'll get both YES YOU CAN and NO YOU CAN'T replies to your question. Most do involve "reverting" back to a previous version...not removal.
    Quote Quote