VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lately I had some problems getting back ups for my DVD such as Rush Hour 3, El Cantante, Shoot 'Em Up, etc. with the following programs RipIt4Me, DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink combo. Is there any other free software or updates to use? Thanx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can try dvdfab decrypter to make a 1:1 copy and then use dvdshrink to "shrink it" if needed.

i was under the impression that by using dvd decrypter in iso ripping mode it would bypass al the copy protections but still leaving the copy protection on the dvd backup.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ricardouk
    i was under the impression that by using dvd decrypter in iso ripping mode it would bypass al the copy protections but still leaving the copy protection on the dvd backup.
    There isn't a consumer product that will do that. If so, it wouldn't be encrypted, thus no copy-protection.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you having a problem ripping the DVD to your hard drive, or are you unable to successfully burn a copy from the hard drive ? If you are able to rip the movie to your HD, use Imgburn in the build mode to burn your copy. If you are unable to rip the DVD using DVD Decrypter, use DVDFab Decrypter, DVD Shrink to size to DVD 5, then to Imgburn.

Another free option I have used successfully is the application Shrinkto5 (freeware) with Machinist2.dll (removes the copy protection and also free). You can download Machinist2.dll from http://gravurecite.free.fr

If you choose Machinist2.dll, choose the first option (machinist2setup.exe) listed on the download page, choose save, then open/run.

Using the Shrinkto5/Machinist2.dll combination, rip and shrink the files so that they will fit on a + or - R DVD. Once the files are on your hard drive, burn to DVD using the aforementioned Imgburn.

Every program mentioned in this post is freeware and (except for Machinist2.dll) is available for download from this website. I hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Maybe Shrinkto5 and Machinist have improved. I tried them when first released and results were poor.

I agree with Ricardouk as to DVDFabDecrypter (free), to decrypt, then open with DVDShrink. Always use the latest version; if you run into a movie it can't handle, don't worry, the next update will address it. It's updated often.

If DVDShrink doesn't want to open the files decrypted by Fab, run them through FixVTS then try again.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote