VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search PM
    I posted this update in the development thread for HCbatchGUI but since this is directly related to linux I have edited this thread. Please check the very fist post in this thread for a new gtk linux release.

Baldrick...didn't really intend on cross posting but I felt it needed mentioning in both places
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Does automatic shutdown after encoding work with HCbatchGUI GTK linux?

I have not tried your program yet but I have installed avisynth and HCEnc and it works in ubuntu with Wine but the automatic power off function did not work in HCEncoder (it closed HCEnc but did not power off my PC).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No auto shutdown is not there yet. I hope to find a way to add that later.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have updated HCbatchGUI to version 14.5 for both windows and GTK linux

HCbatchGUI GTK Linux
    Updated HCenc to version 023
    Added AQ, DBpath, LLpath to template
    Fixed a bug where HCenc and dgpulldown didn't start on some systems

Download Program here

Download Source code here

Plans for the future include auto system shutdown after encoding is finished.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Freebird,

I'm having an issue with the HCBatchGUI executable, When I try to run it doesn't start the program, my permissions look good and "run executable as a program" is ticked off. Avisynth Aften and the other prerequisites are all installed. In the properties it says open with Wine and I can't deselect it, I'm guessing Wine shouldn't be the opening app because it is a Linux executable. I'm sure it's something simple I've overlooked. I'm running Ubuntu 7.10 i386 and using Wine 0.9.49 because it is the only version of Wine that plays nice with all my Audio applications. Guidance appreciated, I'm looking forward to using your app!

PS. I haven't tried a source install (yet)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Are you sure you downloaded the gtk version? Try downloading from the direct link here

Download 14.5 GTK here

edit 05-23-08
    have rebuilt using static libraries. Program is now stand alone and doesn't need external libraries.

Then double click on the lowercase hcbatchgui file. You're right that it shouldn't require wine to open the main executable because it is a native linux file. Of course I notice that other programs such as the native linux mediainfogui also says open with wine in the properties tab so I think that is just an OS quirk.

Also do you have libgtk2.0 installed as this is a GTK program? Other than that I'm not quite sure why it is not working because we are running the same OS and the wine version really shouldn't matter.

Yours is the first feedback I've had and I'm hoping it's not something I've coded wrong. Everything "should" work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK,

It was the tarball so it must've been the gtk version I DL'd, Also when I browse the folder the Windows executables are displaying different icons than the hcbatchgui one, I will try the previous (14.4) when time permits and see if it behaves differently and let you know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Try replacing the hcbatchgui executable with this. It is an update I threw together a few days ago.

edit link removed.

See if this helps.

Sorry for the problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hold on. I think (hopfully) I know what may be the problem. I went back and downloaded the files from the servers myself and tried to run them and had the same problem. For some reason the checkbox next to Execute - "Allow executing file as a program" is not checked. It needs to look like this.

After making sure the check box is checked the program ran no problem.

BTW I wouldn't use 14.4. There were some issues that I hopefully corrected in 14.5
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK,

Unfortunately still no go here, Obviously the issue is on my end because you can run the files OK. What does your "Open With" (in Properties) tab say? I can run all the Windows .exe files in the same folder, I believe the culprit is my .bin file being associated with Wine. I just don't know why that is. it will not allow me to remove the Wine association. I opened Wine Config but there is nothing there to change. Perhaps I should move the hcbatchgui.bin file to /usr/bin/ and see if I can execute it from the terminal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM

This really is frustrating though. It should just be a case of extract to a directory and run. I know of a couple of different people that have said they were going to use the program. I'm going to ask them if they had any problems like you have.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm,

mono is not in my list of choices, only Wine. What libmono packages do you have installed? Perhaps since you have been programming you have some development libraries installed that I don't. I see in Synaptic there are many libmono packages. I'll look closer and try some.

I hope installing mono doesn't give me a virus
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    One other thing that might be worth trying is installing libwxgtk2.6 and libwxgtk2.8 from synaptic. I thought I included those librairies into the executable but perhaps I didn't. Since this was written in wxgtk widgets those librairies may be needed on the target machine as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK,

Installed "mono" and tried to launch it with the mono command, still no-go. I already had the libwxgtk libs (including the development libs) you mentioned installed except for 2.4 which I installed as well. If I open the file in a terminal I get this:

Code:
    gmaq@gmaq-laptop:~$ hcbatchgui
    hcbatchgui: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2_richtext-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    gmaq@gmaq-laptop:~$
    I don't see any such specific file in synaptic. Weird.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I also have installed the python-bindings
    python-wxgtk2.6 and python-wxgtk2.8
    You should be able to get them through synaptic although if not then you can get them here
    http://wiki.wxpython.org/InstallingOnUbuntuOrDebian

That is the only other references to wx I have installed. If that don't work I'm going to have to do some serious looking at the code to figure out what is missing.

I still think it is down to missing librairies though. Just gotta figure out which ones.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Arghhh!

Installed the python-wxgtk libs (they were in Synaptic) No-go with same error in the terminal. It would be nice if we could get another machine to try, then we would have a little better idea if this would be a problem that any new user would face or if it's confined to my machine. I could try it on my desktop, but that would not be until this evening, I have virtually identical Ubuntu setups on both my machines. It's funny I ran 8.04 on my laptop for a couple of days, but I just couldn't get it to behave with the stability of 7.10, especially the -rt kernel, I was dissappointed also that many of the applications in the repos were no newer, so I was going to have to compile to get them anyway.

Anyway back to business, Would any of our other 'Buntu users be willing to try the gtk hcbatchgui? Your help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GMaq

Anyway back to business, Would any of our other 'Buntu users be willing to try the gtk hcbatchgui? Your help would be appreciated.
    I have a couple of instances in VMs. One of them may even have mono installed. If I can help, let me know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Please do. I just need to know what libs I left out. The darn thing works fine on my machine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, same error as GMaq.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Tekkieman

Thanks!

@Freebird

I installed it on my desktop, same issue I'm afraid. I didn't install any extra libraries because that would probably defeat the purpose of it being something anybody could extract and run from the folder. I'm sorry this is such a headache for you, if we get input from some other users maybe it will be easier to figure out what's missing. Obviously you will want to get it working, For now the Windows version still works with Wine correct?

Of course I am willing to continue to try any suggestions you may have. I'm running out of ideas, but I won't be able to sleep until we figure it out!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I hate to jump in here as I know freebird will get this all sorted, but it appears that there are a couple of missing dependencies:

libwxbase2.8-0-ansi
    libwxgtk2.8-0-ansi

I could not find these in the standard gutsy repos, but I did find them from an external source. Since I'm running in a VM, I don't really care how bad I hose this install, but I hesitate to suggest an outside repo. If anyone is interested, here is a link to how I found them https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2007-August/019356.html

After adding both of those, the gui launched for me. I still got an error about a missing image in the wine hc directory, but I'm not really trying to use this, just sort the stated issue.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Again Tekkie!

You've found a real needle in a haystack there!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hey guys. Just wanted to let ya know that I didn't just wander off. Had a tooth that has been killing me and can hardly see straight. Just got back from the dentist just now. Darn tooth was cracked. Talk about pain. They drilled two teeth today. Anyways...

Tekkieman thanks for the trouble shooting. What is funny is that I don't have those particular libraries installed on my machine.

I did some checking and I didn't Include the libraries I thought I did into the executable. I will work on that.

Gmaq did you try tekkie's solution and did it work for you?

Thanks for hanging in there. Now time to go get stupid on some pain pills....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Sorry about your tooth, that's gotta suck.

I didn't have time to do much more last night, but I had a moment this aft to track down the libraries that our esteemed Tekkieman has provided, and yes they did allow me to launch the GUI. That's as far as I got and I have a weekend full of family gatherings and a rather lengthy Honey-Do list to attend to, When time permits I will investigate further. I did also have the Wine error issue that Tekkieman described, and an error about the config file when I exited, perhaps that's normal since i didn't have time to do the setup on the last tab. Enjoy the painkiller high, and I will post back when i have had a better look.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    To make things easier for debian/Ubuntu users here are the debs for the two packages needed to let hcbatchgui run

[s:0f7d776a9b]edit 05-23-08
    Libraries neeeded to run the gui. Thanks to tekkiman
    libwxbase2.8-0-ansi_2.8.7.1-0_i386.deb
    libwxgtk2.8-0-ansi_2.8.7.1-0_i386.deb[/s:0f7d776a9b]
    external libraries are no longer needed.

That way there is no need to mess with your repo lists.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Will it work with ubuntu 8.04 LTS x64?
    I have still not installed hcbatchgui...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    As long as you install the required debs linked in my post above then yes it should work just fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ronnylov
    Will it work with ubuntu 8.04 LTS x64?
    I have still not installed hcbatchgui...
    ronnylov,

The Wine (Windows) executables should work, however if you are having problems with the Linux apps on the gtk side you may need to install the "ia32-libs" package to run 32bit apps on your 64 bit system.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Freebird,

I am getting this error when I run the hcbatchgui exectable, it would appear that the application is looking for some .ico files that are on your system since I don't have any drives or directories with these names on mine.

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yep. That is supposed to be my simple little program icon. Danged this is not working out as simple as it is supposed to!

Thanks for point that out. I will work on that tomorrow.
    Quote Quote