VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I am trying to follow the tutorial on this forum to encode from DVD to XviD.

This is the line I typed into notepad then file save as: MPEG2Source("dvd2avi.d2v")

I load the AVS in VD. I saved the AVS like this exactly like this : "movie.avs"

In VD this is the error I get. Yes I downloaded the old DVD2AVI to follow the tutorial.

Avisynth open failure: Evaluate: System exception -Access violation (J:\The_Godfather2A\movie.avs, line 1)

Am I doing everything right? I am not familiar with synth or any kind of language code. If someone gives me a code, can someone tell me exactly want to do, exactly want to name it and etc?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-
    Am I doing everything right?
    No, you need to also load the DGDecode.dll for the version of DGIndex that created the D2V project file. It comes included with the DGMPGDec package you downloaded. The 3 included docs are also worth a read, so you don't repeat the mistake. The script might then read something like this:

LoadPlugin("C:\Path\To\DGDecode.dll")
    MPEG2Source("C:\Path\To\Movie.d2v")

Adjust for your names and paths. And if you're really using DVD2AVI, don't. It was replaced a long time ago. Get the latest DGMPGDec package, make a fresh D2V with the included DGIndex, and use the included DGDecode.dll in your script. Remove DVD2AVI from your computer.
    Quote Quote