VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 40
FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    First important question... Are you still on Windows XP like your profile says?

I checked out the FFmpeg executable and libfaac dll (file compare) and used exactly the same.
    I then created the following path and copied the Avanti zip contents to "Avanti ver 0.6.2i" folder ...

f:\Temp\folder level 2\folder level 3\folder level 4\video tools\Avanti - FFmpeg-Avisynth GUI\Avanti ver 0.6.2i\

With this path the Sherpya ffmpeg version is seen as valid and initialized normally.

To find out if there is a path problem, you could temporarily create a first level folder for it and see what that does.

About lightworks ... If remuxing the vobs would still give problems you could try to convert to mpeg-2 i-frame only at a high enough bitrate to maintain picture quality.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Heloooo Steve,
    BINGO!!! It was a path problem!
    I used large sized type so that others visiting this thread will see this posting.

Many thanks again!! I just copied the Avanti folder to the root directory of my "D" drive and double-clicked on the "Avanti-GUI.exe" file and this is what I saw:

18:57:12 - Initializing FFmpeg engine ...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ffmpeg version N-32754-g936d4d4-Sherpya, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers

built on Sep 21 2011 13:48:46 with gcc 4.2.5 20090330 (prerelease) [Sherpya]

libavutil 51. 16. 1 / 51. 16. 1
    libavcodec 53. 16. 0 / 53. 16. 0
    libavformat 53. 12. 0 / 53. 12. 0
    libavdevice 53. 4. 0 / 53. 4. 0
    libavfilter 2. 43. 2 / 2. 43. 2
    libswscale 2. 1. 0 / 2. 1. 0
    libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18:57:15 - Extracting FFmpeg commands and formats/codecs help ...
    18:57:18 - ffmpeg version N-32754-g936d4d4-Sherpya is set as default (help is updated).

18:57:18 - Valid FFmpeg/Avisynth combo found (Avisynth options enabled).

< Expand this window (bottom right arrow) for dedicated options. >
    < Click on status line below to open process log window. >

LOOKS GREAT TO ME!! Yes, I am still using WinXP Pro. Maybe a recommendation to put the Avanti folder in a root directory or wherever is appropriate for whichever version of Windows is being used.
    Dave
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've been reading theses posts and I still can't figure out how to get a working version of Avanti with ffmpeg. I noticed that you said that you "checked out" the FFMPEG and downloaded the libfaac.dll. How do you go about checking it out? Is there anyway that someone could just simply reply with a zip file of the correct working Avanti with the most up to date ffmpeg that will work.
    Last edited by bf4648; 17th Oct 2011 at 14:19.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by atalldave View Post
    Maybe a recommendation to put the Avanti folder in a root directory or wherever is appropriate for whichever version of Windows is being used.
    It hasn't necessarily to be a root directory. On Windows XP you are quite free in where to put it but there is a restriction in the total path length of about 240 characters so I wouldn't put it at a very deep file path.

For Windows 7 x64, it has to explicitly be copied to a arbitrary folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)", like NighthawkGuy already posted. This is a by MS preserved folder for 32-bit applications.

@
    bf4648

Is there anyway that someone could just simply reply with a zip file of the correct working Avanti with the most up to date ffmpeg that will work.
    These links has alerady been posted a few post back. Did you downloaded from there?
    Please post some details on the OS you use and to where you copied Avanti. Simply unpack "ffmpeg.exe" and "libfaac.dll" to the "ffmpeg" folder which should be in the folder to where you copied Avanti.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Chris,

Thanks for the tip on "the total path length". I have a tendency to bury my files deep in folders so this confirms my former problem.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  6. Chris K,

Hey, I finally got Avanti working! I got a question though. I realize that Avanti is a GUI for the ffmpeg command line. Is there a way to audit the console commands after I select them in the Avanti GUI? What I'd like to do is use those commands in Ubuntu with FFmeg installed. I prefer Avanti because I can see the options that I'm picking but I'd like to use those console commands in Ubuntu though after picking them in Avanti. Is that possible?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by bf4648 View Post
    Is there a way to audit the console commands after I select them in the Avanti GUI?
    Yes, you can call them up but Avanti composes the command line after you press the "Start Process" button so you have to do that first. Then wait a few seconds till the log appears and "Cancel" again. Now if you right-click on the user video options command line you'll get a menu from where you can view the commands or save them in a Windows bat file.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I totally appreciate your response but I can't find what your referring to when you say, "user video options" in Avanti. What are the steps to get to "user video options" in Avanti?
    Last edited by bf4648; 17th Oct 2011 at 14:18.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I mean; right-click on the command line that is at the right of the [User VIDEO optios >] button.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Alright, I'm trying to convert an .avi file to mp4 but I'm getting the following errors:

FFmpeg messages/warnings:

[avi @ 003b46e0] Something went wrong during header parsing, I will ignore it and
    ... try to continue anyway.
    [avi @ 003b46e0] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5000000

[buffer @ 03002d80] Invalid pixel format string '-1'

Error opening filters!

I noticed that under "Avanti - Mpeg / AVI Tools" that there is a way to reconstruct the header file. Do you know how to do this or if I ever had to? Or could you point me to a good tutorial on how to use that?
    Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    I noticed that under "Avanti - Mpeg / AVI Tools" that there is a way to reconstruct the header file. Do you know how to do this or if I ever had to? Or could you point me to a good tutorial on how to use that?
    That tool can only change fourcc and framerate of avi files. Certainly not reconstruct a broken header. The help of Avanti is on a menu at the top right question mark button.

I can't be of help with that but there may be tools at the "tools" section here at VideoHelp that can do the job. Perhaps start a thread about it and ask for advice.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Chris,

duplicate post
    Quote Quote  
  13. Chris,

never mind....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Chris,

Thanks for that info.
    Last edited by bf4648; 17th Oct 2011 at 14:17.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    I opened the video up in VLC player in Ubuntu and realized that VLC player is using the QIVG codec to play the video. How can I get that codec and how do I install it into Avanti?
    You cannot "register" a codec in Avanti if FFmpeg doesn't support it. The codecs/formats database is recently updated but I can't find a QIVG decoder. Thereby, if it would support decode of that format, you could simply load the clip at "Source 1" and FFmpeg would tell what it is. It doesn't need to be in the database for that.

Based on my searches I see that it comes pre-installed in mplayer in Ubuntu. I wonder why that codec isn't already in the database library of FFMEG inside Avanti?
    If it's an external library, keep in mind that the providers of the FFmpeg Win32 builds decide what to include and what not when they compile FFmpeg. Only if it's in the core of FFmpeg (libavcodec and libavformat), all builds will support it.

If VLC can play it, it's probably also able to convert it to another format. But I have no experience in converting with VLC. As I already said, open a new thread and ask there. If FFmpeg can't do it, Avanti can't do it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Thanks
    Last edited by bf4648; 17th Oct 2011 at 14:16.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    OK, QIVG seems to be the fourcc of the QNAP format? I can't find QNAP neither in the FFmpeg formats list.

EDIT:

You say in one of your posts that you downloaded the codec and can play the video. Is that in Windows? If so and it would be a DirectShow decoder, you can use the Avisynth FORCE mode in Avanti to decode it.
    Last edited by Chris K; 11th Oct 2011 at 23:59.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Chris,

Thanks.
    Last edited by bf4648; 17th Oct 2011 at 14:16.
    Quote Quote  
  19. (nevermind .. moderator may delete)
    Last edited by MilesAhead; 20th Oct 2011 at 00:23.
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wish I had discovered Avanti earlier, it would have saved me lots to time in the past. But I'm now trying somehting new and having mixed results. I appologize for being a bit lazy, but my simple searches have netted no results, and I'm hitting a hard deadline... Thanksgiving.

I'm working with a source flv flash broadcast of a football game my nephew was playing in to be able to show his grandparents over thanksgiving and I need some help with trimming a source in Avanti.

The source flv has 35 minute of dead air during halftime which I need to remove for encoding bandwidth. I'm having a horrible time with vdub and/or avisynth being able to open the file to find trim points. Avanti has been able to open and process the file, but only directly.

If I try to modify the process with avisynth it dosn't work because I can't get the file to open with DirectShowSource, or any other vdub plugin. Both apps can open the file, get the specific. Even though the video frame specifics are correct the decoded frams are just blank grey frames. Avanit is able to send the correct video stream to ffmpeg for encoding, but I don't understand how I can trim out the unwanted material.

My question is this... It appears that I cannot trim the source directly in Avanti. so is there a way I can mimic the Avanti processing method within an avs file to get the same output that Avanti sends to ffmpeg?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Jeff,

I suppose you tried the flv plugin for vdub? FFmpeg only has the -ss and -t command combo that can extract a section starting at -ss for the duration of -t. That's the opposite of what you need. You could think of cutting out the needed sections but unfortunately FFmpeg can also not join clips.

If FFmpeg can decode the clip directly, the only thing I can think of is to convert the entire clip to a huffyuv avi that should be easily editable in vdub. You then could import the vdub edit list in Avanti (Avisynth user mode) to process the trimmed clip to the final format. This way you would have minimal loss but you need some temporary space for the huffyuv avi on your HDD.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jeff d View Post
    If I try to modify the process with avisynth it dosn't work because I can't get the file to open with DirectShowSource
    Try ffmpegSource.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys on the external suggestions, fwiw, vdub plugin always reports back on video in the stream and I'm not sure why. I've also never been able to get the avisynth plugin for ffms2 work.

I'm running win7 x64 and I suspect it has to do with mixing 32 and 64 bit code, but that's just a guess. I've been tempted several times to switch to a 32-bit only system, but haven't yet done so.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    059 install path problem may be back in 063 on Windows 7(64bit) systems.

Get the message "Checking file paths and basic settings ..." when clicking on StartProcess. Avanti is installed in C:\Avanti, but runs fine when it is installed on my D:\Avanti drive. Any ideas why. It seems that anywhere on C is bad, but anywhere on D is OK.
    Compatibility mode set to XP service pack 2, and run as administrator set for both Avanti and ffmpeg executables.

Avanti seems to run ffmpeg OK, prior to STARTPROCESS, as it lists the ffmpeg options, and ffmpeg displays the movie file attributes.

any ideas?
    Last edited by tas3086; 21st Nov 2011 at 11:08.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    vdub plugin always reports back on video in the stream and I'm not sure why. I've also never been able to get the avisynth plugin for ffms2 work.
    The flv plugin for vdub is from 2008. It says it supports H.263 and VP6. FLV has transferred from codec to container. I think that's the reason why many clips are rejected.

The ffms2 plugin comes in three flavors; generic 32-bit, C plugin 32-bit and a 64-bit version.

I'm running win7 x64 and I suspect it has to do with mixing 32 and 64 bit code, but that's just a guess. I've been tempted several times to switch to a 32-bit only system, but haven't yet done so.
    Win7 x64 has a "Program Files (x86)" folder to run 32-bit applications from. It seems to use another set of dll's when apps run from there. It might help to install and run vdub and Avisynth (32-bit versions) from there.

EDIT: Reading your post after posting this one. Experience of other users are that Avanti also gives problems when not installed in a folder at the "Program Files (x86)" dir. Can you try that?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    059 install path problem may be back in 063 on Windows 7(64bit) systems.

I also noticed that there is no response to clicking on the HELP ? in the upper right corner. ,,, after starting Avanti and letting ffmpeg messages settle.

Help does not work in c drive, but works fine on D: I also tried the program files (x86) directory, and failed there as well.

Must be some security setting somewhere involved with the C: drive on my system.
    Last edited by tas3086; 21st Nov 2011 at 11:08.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Chris, I was having problems with Avanti processing anything before I put it in the program (x86) directory. I thought to do that for Avanti, but didn't think to try that for vdub. I'll give that a shot.

Unfortunatly it sounds like several outside variables are catching up with me. I was just hoping that there may be some way to work around these issues within Avanti using the avisynth support, but I know I was asking for a lot. =) I'll likely just give up on the win 7/x64 setup and find a 32bit XP box to run everything on. I think that will be my best option.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I was able to get things running well on an xp box so I could do all the edits I needed. I took the script back to the win7x64 box for fast processing and I'm getting the following:

Code:

Input #0, avs, from 'C:/avanti_path/user_script.avs'

9:36:19 - Error in "Avisynth USER mode" script

... press <f5> or use "preview debug avisynth script" to check.
    The script itself previews fine in the editor. It also previews fine before I start the process. Once the process starts the preview comes up with a yellow button in the upper left corner of the window frame, and at a different size but nothing else, I can't right click and get the normal menus with options.

script is pretty simple:
    LoadCPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms2.dll")
    v = FFVideoSource("@source1").bicubicresize(720,480).c onverttorgb()
    A = FFAudioSource("@source1")
    m= AudioDub(V,A)
    av1 = Trim(m, 0,196440)
    av2 = Trim(m, 254795,496872)
    return (av1++av2)

Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    So I was able to get things running well on an xp box so I could do all the edits I needed. I took the script back to the win7x64 box for fast processing and I'm getting the following:

Code:

Input #0, avs, from 'C:/avanti_path/user_script.avs'

9:36:19 - Error in "Avisynth USER mode" script

... press <f5> or use "preview debug avisynth script" to check.
    The script itself previews fine in the editor. It also previews fine before I start the process. Once the process starts the preview comes up with a yellow button in the upper left corner of the window frame, and at a different size but nothing else, I can't right click and get the normal menus with options.
    I copied the script and only changed the path to the ffms2 dll and it previews fine. In XP it also processes without errors. There shouldn't appear a preview window at processing. The window with the yellow dot in the top left is the Avisynth error reporting window. It looks like Avanti "thinks" there's an error but starts to display the error free script in the error window.

You could save the script in a avs file with absolute paths and load that at "Source 1" to see what happens. If you hold down <Ctrl> when you save it at the editor, it saves with absolute paths.

If that doesn't help you could try to run FFmpeg from the command line with this script so Avanti doesn't interfere in any way.

EDIT:

I played around with a few different sources and for some, Avisynth throws an error about "Audio source has no audio frames". Weird thing is that it only does this when the script is fed into FFmpeg and not when played with the DirectShow player of Avanti. This would explain why it reports an error at processing but plays the script in the error window.
    Last edited by Chris K; 23rd Nov 2011 at 16:04. Reason: addition
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    I think I've found a possible cause of the error. There seems to be a conflict when FFmpeg is feed with a Avisynth script and the -map_chapters command is on the command line. Avanti adds this for the metadata manager when remove chapters is enabled. Can you check if that's the case?

Avisynth scripts will never contain chapters so I'll fix it anyway in the next version.
    Quote Quote