VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Here's what I've tried:
    1. The source properties display correctly.
    2. Pressing "Preview script" does nothing. No error. No message.
    3. Changing to DirectShowSource still made things hang.

To verify Avisynth is working, I followed some tips from the Avisynth help file. I created Test.avs that contained only the line Version. I opened this in Windows Media Player (WMP) and it correctly showed the Avisynth version. I created Test2.avs to load my AVI file and rotate it. WMP also showed this correctly.

I then set my Avanti Source 1 to be the Test2.avs script. I changed Avanti to use Avisynth AUTO mode. I clicked "Start process". Everything processed okay. The output video was exactly the way I wanted it. Excellent!

So, I'm clearly having a problem using Avisynth USER mode, but I don't know why.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by deanhill1971 View Post
    I then set my Avanti Source 1 to be the Test2.avs script. I changed Avanti to use Avisynth AUTO mode. I clicked "Start process". Everything processed okay. The output video was exactly the way I wanted it. Excellent!

So, I'm clearly having a problem using Avisynth USER mode, but I don't know why.
    No, neither do I Strange that playing the script at the editor did nothing. I would have expected at least a Avisynth error message or a message from the internal player. Pity I can't create the same situation to find out what's going wrong.

What actually happens (or should be), is that Avanti creates the same script internally as you loaded at "source 1" and feed it to FFmpeg. In both cases (internal/external Avisynth script) it passes the "get properties" routine where I expect Avanti (FFmpeg) to hang at.

I've encountered problems in the past concerning the path where FFmpeg and/or the source was stored. When I changed that. the problem was solved. Perhaps something in that direction? For some problems it also seems to help to set XP compatibility mode for the Avanti executable.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I downloaded and installed Avanti 0.5.0, and Avisynth USER mode works perfectly.

I did a fresh install of Avanti 0.5.1, but USER mode still hangs. So, I only have problems with Avanti 0.5.1.

If you want to send me a debug version of 0.5.1 that provides more diagnostic info, I'll test it. If you don't want to bother, I'll just use version 0.5.0.

Thanks for all the help,
    Dean
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I downloaded and installed Avanti 0.5.0, and Avisynth USER mode works perfectly.

I did a fresh install of Avanti 0.5.1, but USER mode still hangs. So, I only have problems with Avanti 0.5.1.

If you want to send me a debug version of 0.5.1 that provides more diagnostic info, I'll test it. If you don't want to bother, I'll just use version 0.5.0.
    Thanks for your efforts in comparing both versions!

I do bother but aside from the dll's, Avanti runs mainly on Gui4Cli scripts. I built in some trace print-out at some critical sections. Because the "Play script" option also didn't do anything, I expect it's the MCI interface that hangs. It is used for the player and in some cases to get the source duration. I'll do a line-by-line comparison on 0.5.0 and 0.5.1 so see where I made changes.

I'll let you know,
    Chris
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I compared but don't have a clue yet Perhaps the trace info can be of help.

In the "AVANTI.ini" file you'll find the line "tistate=off". When you set this to "tistate=on" there will be a Icon on the taskbar. When you click on that, a debug window will open. Can you post what this shows after you pressed "Start Process". The window has a option to copy its contents to the clipboard.

If Avanti totally hangs, it might be empty because it isn't able to update the window.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Below is the output from the debug window (using Avanti 0.5.1 and a USER script).

As expected, the main Avanti screen just says the below (and never changes):
    21:06:10 - Checking file paths and basic settings ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timeout1 = 0 sec.
    timeout2 = 0 sec.
    source1 video = mjpeg
    Pixel format = yuvj422p
    source1 audio = pcm_u8
    video1 = 0:0
    audio1 = 0:1
    video2 =
    audio2 =
    duration = 00 : 00 : 04.33
    source time (ffmpeg) = 4.33
    Avisynth time (ffmpeg) = 0
    source time (avanti) = 4.33
    Quote Quote  
  7. As you can probably guess, the debug output when I use v0.5.0 is quite a bit different. Here is the output when the USER script works on v0.5.0.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timeout1 = 0 sec.
    timeout2 = 0 sec.
    source1 video = mjpeg
    source1 audio = pcm_u8
    video2 =
    audio2 =
    Avisynth time (ffmpeg) = 0
    source time (avanti) = 4.33
    Pass = 1 ----------------
    AviSource("D:/Temp2/SophiaAndDean03.AVI")
    TurnRight()
    ---------------------------
    timeout1 = 0 sec.
    timeout2 = 0.2 sec.
    source1 video = rawvideo
    source1 audio = pcm_u8
    video2 =
    audio2 =
    MCI duration = 4.333
    Avisynth time (ffmpeg) = 4.333
    source time (avanti) = 4.333
    Pass = 2 ----------------
    AviSource("D:/Temp2/SophiaAndDean03.AVI")
    TurnRight()
    ---------------------------
    -vcodec libx264 -vf scale=0:0 -vb 1200000 -coder 1 -flags +loop -cmp +chroma -partitions +parti8x8+parti4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8 -me_method hex -subq 6 -me_range 16 -g 250 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -b_strategy 1 -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 10 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -directpred 1 -flags2 +fastpskip -strict experimental -acodec aac -ab 96000 -ar 11025 -ac 2
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks!

It seems not MCI as I expected. It stops halfway in the procedure after you press "Start Process" and the final call to FFmpeg. But this points to a few other places to look at. May take a while.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I think I'm getting somewhere!

If you have 0.5.1 still installed, can you run it with the same settings and then after it hangs go to the "avtemp" folder. There should be a "user_script.avs" Avisynth script. If so, then please post what it reads.

Also at the Avisynth editor add @preview ConvertToRGB() else ConvertToYV12() to your script, then try to play the script and see what it does when you try to encode.

The short duration of your clip could also cause problems. Can you try it with a clip of over ten seconds.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Chris, I didn't realise 0.5.1 had been released, as it was not announced here.
    Trying it out, I see it includes the changes I requested recently (post #351).
    Thanks very much for your response.
    (I hope these changes are not the cause of deanhill1971's problems - it seems to work fine for me.)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi Chris,

I'm now testing with an AVI file that is 30 seconds long (and this AVI was processed successfully in v0.5.0).

I modified the USER script to be:
    AviSource("@source1")
    TurnRight()
    @preview ConvertToRGB() else ConvertToYV12()
    I switched to USER mode. The Preview script button does nothing. I clicked Start process. The avtemp folder is empty. Bummer.

Two other things I learned:
    If I'm in AUTO mode and click Preview script, Avanti says "Enable 'Avisynth USER mode' for script preview." That makes sense.
    If I set Source 1 to be my Test2.avs script, then the avtemp folder does contain a copy of Test2.avs after I start.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    I modified the USER script to be:
    AviSource("@source1")
    TurnRight()
    @preview ConvertToRGB() else ConvertToYV12()
    I switched to USER mode. The Preview script button does nothing. I clicked Start process. The avtemp folder is empty. Bummer.
    I was afraid of that! There are changes from 0.5.0 to 0.5.1 in creating the script which now conditionally uses the Import() command. With this it looks like the script is not created at all. Trouble is that I don't have the problem. It looks like it is source dependent? Can you post the FFmpeg output on top of the log window.

If I set Source 1 to be my Test2.avs script, then the avtemp folder does contain a copy of Test2.avs after I start.
    That's normal. For technical reasons I currently can't remeber, Avanti always runs a avs copy at the avtemp folder.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I have tried to use avanti on linux, via wine, because there is avisynth running in wine, too, and there is ffmbc which I am most interested in. it started up fine, but there was a problem with the dropdown menues, the toppest one blocked all the others under it, you could not click the others. I just wanted to ask if it would be possible for you to fix this, as it looks promising, and there is no offer ffmpeg gui with ffmbc support
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I would not say that is a problem with chris's program but rather a quirk of wine. You could try starting the program via the command line so that you can see what errors pop up.

sudo wine "/path/to/avanti.exe"

Then you can trouble shoot how to fix it.

Wine is great for running windows programs in linux but it's not perfect.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Most of the visible part of Avanti runs on the Gui4Cli script interpreter which is great on Windows (http://gui4cli.com). For about three years ago the author (Dimitris Keletsekis) made the app "open source" and some Gui4Cli users were hoping this would lead to a Linux version of the interpreter.
    Unfortunately there hasn't been any interest and the author stopped updating the files at SourceForge. Gui4Cli is written in MSVC which isn't portable code.

Gui4Cli and my additional dll's make frequently use of Win32 API's which "I suppose" are emulated by Wine. So it's indeed up to the Wine developers or someone who starts from scratch in Linux (not to be expected very soon).

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  16. My environment:
    AVANTI 0.5.2
    FFMPEG SVN-r26400 from http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/autobuilds/
    Windows XP SP2 32bit
    Trying to encode with libxvid, i got the error:
    > Invalid pixel aspect ratio 0/1

After searching solution on web, I need to apply new option '-vf setdar=16:9'. To do this in AVANTI, I added '-vfuser setdar=16:9'. But i got another error:
    > Used FFmpeg version includes no or outdated 'libavfilter' library

But I manually typed a commandline in cmd's shell, it did work. How to encode with libxvid correctly in AVANTI? Is there any option can skip checking and force to run?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by wenkuoweng View Post
    Trying to encode with libxvid, i got the error:
    > Invalid pixel aspect ratio 0/1
    This error is thrown by libxvid when your source has e.g. a yuvj422p pixel format. I have it with mjpeg captures from VirtualDub.

After searching solution on web, I need to apply new option '-vf setdar=16:9'. To do this in AVANTI, I added '-vfuser setdar=16:9'. But i got another error:
    > Used FFmpeg version includes no or outdated 'libavfilter' library
    You don't need to add it to the command line but set the DAR field on the GUI to 16:9. If the DAR field is set to "Source", Avanti doesn't insert a -vf setdar=xx:xx command. If you still want to do it manually, use -vfin setdar=16:9 instead of -vfuser. This will add your -vf command to the chain Avanti already creates internally. With -vfuser all internal -vf commands are skipped so enable e.g. deinterlace etc. will also have no effect.

I currently don't understand why you get the "outdated 'libavfilter' library" error. I use the same FFmpeg version but don't get this message? I'll check out at what conditions Avanti shows this message.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    I currently don't understand why you get the "outdated 'libavfilter' library" error.
    Because I used the shared version of ffmpeg.

Replaced with the static version, now AVANTI works fine.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by wenkuoweng View Post
    Because I used the shared version of ffmpeg.

Replaced with the static version, now AVANTI works fine.
    Oh, that's good to know!

It should be valid (according to the manual) to use a shared version as long as you put all the files in the "ffmpeg" folder of your Avanti install directory.

I checked it out and you are right about the error. It seems to be broken after recent changes and I'll try to fix it in the next version.

Thanks for reporting it,
    Chris
    Quote Quote  
  20. is there a way to cut the audio length?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by divmediat View Post
    is there a way to cut the audio length?
    What exactly do you mean?

Can you give some more details. Do you process audio only or do you want to cut the audio of a video clip?
    Or do you perhaps have separate audio and video available?

FFmpeg allows to cut a clip with the -t hh:mm:ss command. You can add that to the command line.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    Originally Posted by divmediat View Post
    is there a way to cut the audio length?
    What exactly do you mean?

Can you give some more details. Do you process audio only or do you want to cut the audio of a video clip?
    Or do you perhaps have separate audio and video available?

FFmpeg allows to cut a clip with the -t hh:mms command. You can add that to the command line.
    Audio only, how do i add the -t argument to the command line within Avanti?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    If you process audio only (video disabled), then click on the "User VIDEO options" (it's actually a button). It then will change into "User AUDIO options". Then put -t hh:mm:ss on the command line, where hh:mm:ss is set to the desired duration of the audio clip. E.g.; -t 00:02:34 is two minutes and thirty four seconds.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    If you process audio only (video disabled), then click on the "User VIDEO options" (it's actually a button). It then will change into "User AUDIO options". Then put -t hh:mms on the command line, where hh:mms is set to the desired duration of the audio clip. E.g.; -t 00:02:34 is two minutes and thirty four seconds.
    hey!
    it worked great! thanx!!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to do "constant quality encoding" by manually setting the ratefactor and if so, how would it be done in AVANTI?
    2. Does AVANTI have the ability to pass through audio and if so how would one do it?

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by TestDemo View Post
    1. Is it possible to do "constant quality encoding" by manually setting the ratefactor and if so, how would it be done in AVANTI?
    2. Does AVANTI have the ability to pass through audio and if so how would one do it?
    1. You can modify one of the x264 templates and add -crf x to the "User VIDEO options" command line.

From FFmpeg docs which are on the menu at the question mark (at the top right toolbar button) ...

-crf <float> E.V.. enables constant quality mode, and selects the quality (x264)
    -crf_max <float> E.V.. in crf mode, prevents vbv from lowering quality beyond this point
    2. The audio and video "Codec" fields have the option "Copy Audio" and "Copy Video" for this.

If you set audio codec to "Copy Audio" and press <F1> you'll get the details from the manual.
    Quote Quote  
  27. This program looks excellent.
    Two questions:
    1. Does it support MPEG-2 files saved from DVB-T?
    2. What filters does it support for de-logoing a picture?

It's an excellent bit of software, and the good thing - it's portable too, well, no setup.exe etc. - just works direct from download - after unzipping with 7-zip!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ANOther1676 View Post
    1. Does it support MPEG-2 files saved from DVB-T?
    2. What filters does it support for de-logoing a picture?
    1. Basically FFmpeg supports decoding of transport streams. It doesn't look at file extensions but investigates headers so if you load the saved DVB-T stream at "Source 1" and Avanti (FFmpeg) shows the source properties it's OK and you can try anything on it.

2. You need to do this with Avisynth (user mode) and can use all plugins that are available for that. You can read in the chm help how Avisynth pre-processing works.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I found Avanti to be quite useless. It is filled with items in drop down menus that the program does not support. And many of the templates split the audio file out. Any attempt to set anything manualy and you get an error because most of the items in the drop down lists audio codecs, container etc are not supported by Avanti. Why are they in there if Avanti does not support them?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Avanti expects some understanding of FFmpeg and Avisynth. But there are many alternatives available ...

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/all-in-one-video-converters
    Quote Quote