VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 40
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    i tried the ffmpeg + oggenc way but when muxing the video and ogg the audio plays slower than the video, i'm going to try later on with another source format.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    found out what was wrong...the line break in your example is an actual line break ffmpeg then oggenc, i was putting everything in one line thats why it didnt start eheheh

Originally Posted by LeonZA View Post
    ffmpeg -i "c:\Users\Public\Videos\Sample Videos\Wildlife.wmv" -acodec pcm_s16le -vn test.wav
    oggenc2.exe -b 128 test.wav
    about the video quality...im getting better results with:
    ffmpeg -i 01.mp4 -b 450k -threads 2 -an output.webm

than your example:
    ffmpeg -i 01.mp4 -vcodec libvpx -an testvid.mkv

will investigate further...next step:
    2 pass encoding
    Quote Quote  
  3. about the video quality...im getting better results with:
    ffmpeg -i 01.mp4 -b 450k -threads 2 -an output.webm
    Will try that thanks.

Just realized that it is better to use oggenc2 with the quality setting than with the bitrate, because it is sometimes difficult to guess the bitrate to use if you for example have 5.1 channels on the source video.

I use a quality setting of 4(defaults around 128Kbit/s on stereo) most of the time. 3(about 112Kbit/s on stereo) also sounds OK.

Usage:
    oggenc2.exe -q 4 test.wav
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    anyone having oversized problems with webm? I also noticed that if i select 450k as video bitrate mediainfo reports the videobitrate as 563k, i think thats why im getting oversized files compared with h264 with same bitrate.

i tried WMV, H264 (x264) and theora with same bitrate and they all have almost identical sizes, with webm they're bigger, for example with wmv, x264 and theora i get 2,9MB with WebM i get 3,8MB

I wanted to test the format agains the others but im not sure if ffmpeg is pumping up the bitrate or is it mediainfo not reporting the bitrate properly, the bitrate of the mkv file before and after processing it with mkclean to get a webm file is the same.

Anyone?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    to get 450k as video bitrate in (mediainfo) i had to setup ffmpeg with 225K (half of 450), the size is now identical to the other formats
    Quote Quote  
  6. Miro Video Converter 2.2 now uses a ffmpeg with libvorbis support.

anyone having oversized problems with webm? I also noticed that if i select 450k as video bitrate mediainfo reports the videobitrate as 563k, i think thats why im getting oversized files compared with h264 with same bitrate.
    Does it give better bitrate management if you include -qmax 51?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Leon, thanks for the info, where do i put that in the CMD? i googled that expression and didnt find any info.

Im trying to do a 2 pass conversion but so far im unable to do the second pass, it says:
    error while opening encoder fopr output stream #0.0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bitrare, rate, width or height

ffmpeg -i 01.mp4 -b 900k -threads 2 -s 720x304 -passlogfile 01.log -pass 1 -an -y NUL.webm
    ffmpeg -i 01.mp4 -b 900k -acodec libvorbis -ar 44100 -ab 64k -threads 2 -s 720x304 -passlogfile 01.log -pass 2 output.webm
    cant figure out what is wrong

on the other hand i had sucess with ivfenc compiled with avisynth support.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1404210#post1404210
    Last edited by ricardouk; 6th Jun 2010 at 04:33.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    its working now...i found out i had to specify a container in first pass "NUL.webm"

bitrate and size are ok, seems a 2 pass conversion is more bitrate accurate,
    one thing i noticed is that the ivfenc conversion is better with same video bitrate etc
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Been trying ffmpeg and ivfenc at same bitrates, just for "fun" nothing "pro", you can watch 4 examples @:

http://ricardouk.com/videos

Altough ivfenc produces "clear" images it has more macroblocks than ffmpeg, to me it looks like ffmpeg tries to reduce macroblocks by "undefining" the video.

Still videos converted with Ivfenc look great, with ffmpeg taking advantage on "faster" videos.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    For those who are interested;

From revision SVN-r23642 up, Ramiro Polla added libvpx to his autobuilds. This means that both libvpx and libvorbis are available in these builds.

http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/autobuilds/

Here's a new template to use with Avanti ...
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi,

Thanks for Avanti.

I have a strange problem with the 048 release.

I have been using 047 installed to this path in my Win7 x64 system "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avanti-047\" and was working well.

I just tried 048 installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avanti-048\" and the program will not launch, It hangs on startup.
    If I change folders to "C:\Program Files\Avanti-048\" or "C:\Users\Kodiak\Downloads\Avanti-048\" then avanti will launch... weird.

As far as I know 32bit apps must (or should) reside in "C:\Program Files (x86)" for reasons that are beyond me.

Anyone else having this issue?

Cheers

OOOPS!

Ahhh I see I forgot to set the compatibility mode for 048... using Avanti-048 with WinXP SP3 mode in Win7x64 is working for me.

Regardless, is it not strange that the working folder affects the application?
    Last edited by gringosan; 21st Jun 2010 at 19:52. Reason: Problem solved
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by gringosan View Post
    Ahhh I see I forgot to set the compatibility mode for 048... using Avanti-048 with WinXP SP3 mode in Win7x64 is working for me.

Regardless, is it not strange that the working folder affects the application?
    I'm struggling with this install path problem for a long time already. It happens with all Windows versions. Even the number of other application you have open seems to be of influence? Where it concerns file paths, Windows is a weird OS, allowing both normal and backslashes. It's a hard to trace bug because I can't test Avanti with all Windows versions and arbitrary install paths but it keeps my attention.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    Hi jkhox,

xvid in FFmpeg is kind of a stripped down version and doesn't allow to set profiles freely. Basically it uses "Simple @ L3" and when you add b-frames (e.g. -bf 2) it switch over to "Advanced simple @ L5".

That's all I know about it (and can get out of it).

Chris
    Cool. Got news on FMP4 (-vcodec mpeg4) version's equivalence?
    Basically, it's Simple@L1, which then switches to Advanced Simple@L1 when adding B-frames.
    Any ideas on how I could actually bring the 'mpeg4' codec to show as ASP@L5 i.e. in MediaInfo..?

Much appreciated!
    Drop dead gorgeous!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Avanti looks like the ideal tool for exploring FFMPEG capabilities!

I have just installed latest Avanti 0.4.8 (first time user) and am having trouble getting it to work. When I Load a Template and set Source 1 and Destination fields and hit Start process button, I get "Checking file paths and basic settings..." and nothing more happens.

More details given below:
    I copied ffmpeg.exe from the 8/4 daily recommended ffmpeg build site (http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/autobuilds/) into the ffmpeg dir.
    And installed AviSynth 2.5.8.

I launch Avanti and it gives the following in the log window:

12:31:31 - Initializing FFmpeg engine...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FFmpeg version SVN-r24695, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers

built on Aug 4 2010 04:23:12 with gcc 4.4.2

Configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-libgsm --enable-pthreads --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libspeex --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libvpx --arch=x86 --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --extra-libs='-lx264 -lpthread' --enable-librtmp --extra-libs='-lrtmp -lpolarssl -lws2_32 -lwinmm' --target-os=mingw32 --enable-avisynth --cross-prefix=i686-mingw32- --cc='ccache i686-mingw32-gcc' --enable-memalign-hack

libavutil 50.23. 0 / 50.23. 0
    libavcore 0. 2. 0 / 0. 2. 0
    libavcodec 52.84. 2 / 52.84. 2
    libavformat 52.78. 0 / 52.78. 0
    libavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
    libavfilter 1.27. 0 / 1.27. 0
    libswscale 0.11. 0 / 0.11. 0
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12:31:33 - Extracting FFmpeg commands and formats/codecs help...
    12:31:36 - FFmpeg version SVN-r24695 is set as default (help is updated).
    12:31:36 - This FFmpeg version doesn't support audio encoder 'libfaac'.
    ... Audio codec 'aac' will be used instead of 'aac (Lib)'.

And displays the following message at the bottom:

PLEASE WAIT FOR SYSTEM READY !

I never get "System Ready".
    And then when I Load Template... and pick the first one from the NTSC tab(NTSC_3GP_FOR_MOBILE.tpl) or the first one from PAL tab (PAL_3GP_FOR_MOBILE.tpl) and then enter a source video file path (like c:/Bear.wmv or c:/test.flv, both valid video files) in the Source 1 field and C:/TestFile.3gp in Destination field and then hit "Start Process", I just get "12:47:02 - Checking file paths and basic settings ..."

And nothing more happens.

Also: clicking Show Source Properties does work and displays the properties of the c:/Bear.wmv followed by the "System ready" message. None of the other icons like "General File Manager" or "Codec Database Manager" do anything when clicked.

AND: Clicking the little Tools button under Destination Audio settings gives the following message:

13:24:42 - No valid FFmpeg/Avisynth combo found. This option is disabled.

What can I check or try?
    Thanks,
    John

Last edited by JohnBuuck; 4th Aug 2010 at 13:27. Reason: FYI
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    (outdated)
    EDIT: Good luck anyway, I LOVE AVANTI! No problems here (32bit).
    Quote Quote  
  16. In case it is helpful, here are computer system details of the machine that does nothing after "Checking file paths and basic settings..."

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good evening / morning Chris,

have you seen the work these guys are doing?

http://code.google.com/p/ffmbc/

I work in the broadcast industry and am keen to harness some more of this ffmpeg power.

Can I just copy/paste their command lines into AvantiGui?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    I went off-line at the end of June and I was back only a few weeks ago so sorry for the aweful long delay.

Originally Posted by Gew View Post
    Cool. Got news on FMP4 (-vcodec mpeg4) version's equivalence?
    Basically, it's Simple@L1, which then switches to Advanced Simple@L1 when adding B-frames.
    Any ideas on how I could actually bring the 'mpeg4' codec to show as ASP@L5 i.e. in MediaInfo..?

Much appreciated!
    For mpeg4, adding -bf 2 -level 5 works for me (other levels too). Unfortunately this has no effect on xvid. There's also a undocumented command -vprofile that does something but I only seen some effect with the values 0 and 1.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by merlin2004 View Post
    Good evening / morning Chris,

have you seen the work these guys are doing?

http://code.google.com/p/ffmbc/

I work in the broadcast industry and am keen to harness some more of this ffmpeg power.

Can I just copy/paste their command lines into AvantiGui?
    At first nothing was available of ffmbc 0.5 at the link and now the source code only. But there's a request for a Win32 build. As soon as this is available, i'll check out if Avanti accepts it as valid.

FFmpeg modifications shouldn't be the problem but Avanti checks on revision numbers to adapt to certain major changes. So compiles with e.g. "FFmpeg version UNKNOWN" won't work.

Currently the Ramiro Polla autobuilds and Sherpya builds are known as valid for Avanti.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    @ Avanti 0.5.0 ...

http://avanti.arrozcru.com/upgrade.htm

The FFmbc 0.5 win32 build is now available here at http://code.google.com/p/ffmbc/ (thanks to Ramiro Polla).

It's based on FFmpeg SVN-r25202 which is aleady a bit outdated (missing libavfilter "setdar" and "setsar") but aside from the known features it still adds a number of nice extra's like the "movie" source filter (not yet in the official FFmpeg source) and the "fade" and "hqnd3d" filters.

Currently there's a lot of activity in "libavfilter" development. Only a short while ago the individual "-aspect" command was moved to libavfilter as "-vf aspect=x:x" but in the latest FFmpeg source code it's already renamed to "-vf setdar=x:x".

I'll continue trying to keep Avanti up with it if possible.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Chris K, Thanks for all your good work on Avanti.
    I have a couple of queries on using Avisynth scripts as input.

When the input (Source 1) is an Avisynth script, and Avisynth preprocessing is selected in Avanti (ie a feature requiring Avisynth is enabled in Avisynth AUTO mode, or Avisynth FORCE mode is selected), then I am unable to get a preview of the (Avanti-generated) preprocessing script results.

Requesting "Preview (debug) Avisynth script" produces the message "Please use 'Source 1' preview for external user scripts." The same thing happens, for example, if color correction is enabled and "Preview" is pressed on the color correction page.
    Is this a bug or an intentional limitation?

Another point about the Avanti-generated script is that it uses AviSource() to load the script from Source 1.
    Performance-wise, it would be better to use Import() in this case, since using AviSource to open an Avisynth script causes another instance of Avisynth to be loaded recursively.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Gavino, thanks for the useful feedback!

Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
    When the input (Source 1) is an Avisynth script, and Avisynth preprocessing is selected in Avanti (ie a feature requiring Avisynth is enabled in Avisynth AUTO mode, or Avisynth FORCE mode is selected), then I am unable to get a preview of the (Avanti-generated) preprocessing script results.

Requesting "Preview (debug) Avisynth script" produces the message "Please use 'Source 1' preview for external user scripts." The same thing happens, for example, if color correction is enabled and "Preview" is pressed on the color correction page.
    Is this a bug or an intentional limitation?
    I never checked out that combination assuming the user would do everything from his own script loaded at source1. But since this combination is accepted by Avanti as valid, I will take a look at it to see what I can do about it.

Another point about the Avanti-generated script is that it uses AviSource() to load the script from Source 1.
    Performance-wise, it would be better to use Import() in this case, since using AviSource to open an Avisynth script causes another instance of Avisynth to be loaded recursively.
    I've noticed that earlier as a problem but wasn't aware of the Import() command. I'll see what's possible and reconsider the whole Avisynth procedure accordingly.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi Chris K,

Thank you for creating AVANTI. AVANTI + FFmpeg have solved a lot of video conversion problems for me.

But I have a problem in using AVANTI to output a video file with two audio streams.

The following video options generate valid video output: -map 0:0 -map 0:2
    but the following video options: -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -map 0:1 -newaudio
    generate errors (see attached file for details).

[Attachment 4816 - Click to enlarge]
    Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	1075
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	4817

However the following command works as expected :
    ffmpeg -i \clip.trp -vcodec mpeg4 -vtag DIVX out.avi -acodec libmp3lame -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -map 0:1 -newaudio -ss 00:03:00 -t 00:01:00
    Am I missing something, or is it a bug?

I am using Automated FFmpeg 32-bit Windows builds made by Ramiro Polla and FFmpeg revision: 26071.

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    You can call it a bug or at least that Avanti currently is prepared to only map out one arbitrary stream when a source contains more audio streams.

But it can be done with the -new option on the command line. I would do it like this...

To start with, don't add any mapping or -newvideo commands to the command line. Then right-click on the command line for the menu and choose "Compose '-new' command line (single source)". You then get this...

Code:
    -new -i "@source1" -dvs -das -y "@destin1"
    Then call up the source properties and double click in the left margin of the desired video and audio streams in the order you want to have them in the output file. This will add the map command to the end of the command line. You now should have this...

Code:
    -new -i "@source1" -dvs -das -y "@destin1" -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -map 0:1
    Now add the -newaudio command and move the -y "@destin1" command one position to the left (between the -dvs and -das labels). You then have created a command order like in your working example.

Code:
    -new -i "@source1" -dvs -y "@destin1" -das -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -map 0:1 -newaudio
    As you can see, Avanti puts by default the output command at the wrong position for this kind of mapping.

Your problem comes at a good moment because I'm currently reworking the whole command line order. The FFmpeg docs distinguish infile from outfile commands and for both, the position where to put them is critical. I've already added a option to put infile commands between square brackets so you can tell Avanti where to put them. I'll also take a look at the mapping problem you've encountered.

EDIT:

Things appear to be a bit more complicated. FFmpeg expects a new set of audio settings for the -newaudio stream. If it is not given, FFmpeg uses its default audio settings for it which are low bitrate mp2 audio. I finally had success with this line where the -das label (destination audio settings) is used twice.

Code:
    -new -i "@source1" -dvs -das -y "@destin1" -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -das -newaudio -map 0:1
    This makes it tricky to automate it for the standard command line. Also hard to guess what the user wants because it's even possible to use another audio codec and settings for the -newaudio stream.
    Last edited by Chris K; 23rd Dec 2010 at 14:30. Reason: Addition
    Quote Quote  
  25. Thank you very much . It works.

I think I should spend more time in studying the program's help document.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ckwok1 View Post
    I think I should spend more time in studying the program's help document.
    Nice to know that it works... and yeah..., a -new command line might look rather cryptic,

-new is actually a switch that tells Avanti; "Don't compose a command line internally. Just leave it all to me". You are free to put anything after -new that FFmpeg accepts.

"@source1" and "@destin1" are labels that will be replaced by the source and destination paths you've given on top of the GUI.

-dvs is a label that will be replaced by all current settings of the "Destination Video settings" section of the GUI.

-das is a label that will be replaced by all current settings of the "Destination Audio settings" section of the GUI.

The benefit of using these labels (actually variables) is that the command line can be used for any source file. And when you change something at the audio or video section, all used -das or -dvs labels will change accordingly.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Thanks for Avanti. It is a great tool.

I was using a previous version (0.4.8, I think) successfully. I just installed and setup version 0.5.1, and cannot get an Avisynth script to work (which ran fine in the previous version).

When Avanti starts up, it says "Valid FFmpeg/Avisynth combo found (Avisynth options enabled)." Doing a simple ffmpeg conversion of an AVI file to x264 (MP4) works fine.

I create a USER Avisynth script as follows:
    AviSource("@source1")
    TurnRight()

I enable the USER script and click "Start process". The status message reads "Checking file paths and basic settings ...". Nothing else is displayed. Basically, Avanti hangs. If I close the main Avanti window, it says "A process is still in progress. Do you want to exit Avanti anyway?" If I click Yes, Avanti exits.

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Thanks,
    Dean
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

Don't understand! Loaded the "h264 in mp4" template and copied your script to the editor and it works fine.

I use the latest FFmpeg autobuild. Do you perhaps use the ffmbc 0.5 build? That one has problems with Avisynth scripts and indeed hangs on it. If not, you could also try another source to see what happens.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  29. Thanks for the quick reply Chris. I just tried the latest ffmpeg autobuild you mentioned. I get the same result: Avanti hangs on the Avisynth script. I also re-installed Avisynth 2.5, but no change.

The first attached screen shot is of when Avanti starts up.
    The second screen shot shows the "hang up".

PS: I'm a programmer. Is there any log I can look at to see what is happening?

Name:	ScreenShot-20101231125317.jpg
Views:	967
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	4930

Name:	ScreenShot-20101231125508.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	4929
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Used same FFmpeg version and setting as on your screenshot and it still works. I still think it has something to do with your source clip. Please check out a few things.

1. If you call up the source properties (at top left button menu), do you get them properly?
    2. If you press the "Preview script" button at the Avisynth editor, does it play the script?
    3. What happens if you change AVISource to DirectShowSource in the script?

You may need to temporary add "ConvertToRGB()" at the end of the script for preview.

There is a limited log of "get source properties" but I think it hangs there so it will not show anything other then the wait timeout.
    Quote Quote