VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, the installer works much better now. The updater also worked well. One note: The program doesn't have a uninstaller with it, which would be nice. When I went to my 'Control Panel', it was just named 'Converter'. I verified that was the correct program by checking it's size and install date in my 'Program Files', then uninstalled. If it had shown up as 'QuickMediaConverter' in the control panel, that could eliminate a bit of confusion for newbies.

I'm trying it with a Xvid to WMV conversion at present. I noticed it you click on the 'Open Output Directory' it stops the conversion. Of course if you 'mouse over' that icon, it says that. It might be a bit clearer to have that change to a folder with the stop icon on it like the 'Start Conversion' one. Of course that was my fault for pushing buttons without paying enough attention. And the icon is in red, which should have told me not to do it. Or maybe just have it change to red during conversions when it would stop the conversion. Just thinking out loud, though.

The WMV conversion was very quick, and looks to be in sync. Using both CPU cores fairly well.

I'm running it on my quad core computer at present, doing a Xvid to H.264 conversion. I'm not expecting that to be very fast. It's using about 26% CPU.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I couldn't get it to work either, I running XPPro SP2
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello again all

To answer your questions :

1) Auto update is now included and english version upon starting is also included as you may have noticed

2) Interface should be white if it is grey , first uninstall completely previous version particularly 2.9 by going to the default quickmediaconverter directory wich is located normally in
    C:\Program Files\QuickMediaConverter
    look for the file "WDUNINST"and click on it twice (its is the uninstaller ) once the directory is empty , just install the new version.

I personnally run it under xp home SP2 with independant firewall and antivirus and it works fine .. perhaps Marvingj there is a conflict with a previous version or if it is not the case it could be because it is conflicting with other similar software such as prism it happenned to me one time so it may be possible ... who knows every configuration is different and it is very hard to asses all cases
    In any case if you have already some sort of converter it may conflict also if you have a webcam resident software as our software also uses this driver for webcam video capture as you will see ..

3) We have removed the real media feature also because the codecs were only readable by older version of the real media player..

4) Uninstaller feature is planned for the next update but not till one and a half week since the developper went on a well deserved hollyday tonight.. Also on the menu is a launch from the startup menu and we are working on the shell of the media files (right click on the file ) to convert it directly from there by opening the application . he is also keeping an eye on this forum which turned out to be very helpful for us in many ways

Thank you for all your opinions good or bad they help us improve the product ...

Have good conversions and fun
    Balou
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm looking for video conversion software to convert a high def source to a high def output just changing codecs. As an example ConvertXDVD claims it can convert anything to DVD, and it can, such as a high def VC1 video to DVD, but I want a high def VC1 video to a high dev MPEG2 video.

Is there a way this software could convert a video while leaving the resolution in tact, simply reconverting from one codec to another?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Very interresting and a first
    We have never tried I must confess ...
    Try with the quick media converter .

May I just suggest to first place the file to convert in the active worksheet
    then click right on it and look at the information that appears in the window on the right (preview window)

then click on expert mode on top
    and try to reproduce all the infos bit rate etc and let us know if it works ...
    by activating video and audio buttons (become green normally) selecting proper output codec, selecting video size conversion codec etc ..
    Do the same for audio specs and lets cross fingers

Let me know I am very interest to know about the outcome ...

Balou
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    Yes, the installer works much better now. The updater also worked well. One note: The program doesn't have a uninstaller with it, which would be nice. When I went to my 'Control Panel', it was just named 'Converter'. I verified that was the correct program by checking it's size and install date in my 'Program Files', then uninstalled. If it had shown up as 'QuickMediaConverter' in the control panel, that could eliminate a bit of confusion for newbies.

I'm trying it with a Xvid to WMV conversion at present. I noticed it you click on the 'Open Output Directory' it stops the conversion. Of course if you 'mouse over' that icon, it says that. It might be a bit clearer to have that change to a folder with the stop icon on it like the 'Start Conversion' one. Of course that was my fault for pushing buttons without paying enough attention. And the icon is in red, which should have told me not to do it. Or maybe just have it change to red during conversions when it would stop the conversion. Just thinking out loud, though.
    Woaw Sorry I didn't see your post before

Thanks for all the effort lol even find same bugs I did see that too today lol not a big deal but annoying , we will correct that you are right it is a bit annoying ... We will have to wait though developper is on his skis right now

Have a good day[/quote]
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just to add, the H.264 conversion came out fine. I don't have any of the portable devices, but those options should be popular. I think the program has a good future from what I've seen so far.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    Just to add, the H.264 conversion came out fine. I don't have any of the portable devices, but those options should be popular. I think the program has a good future from what I've seen so far.
    Thank you for all these tests

I know one other bug when you record a video from the webcam in avi for some reason the avi file needs to be converted first to flv for instance then back to other formats such as xvid we will investigate that as well.and probably we will work on an automated version givinf you the possibility to choose what output format you want from your webcam ...

About popularity it seems we are on the right track you are right , a braziian site has had 59000 downloads of our software just in one week we are ranked 22 nd for the week already. We just hope it will last . And strangely enough there are extremely good comments as well as extremely bad comments , we are still trying to figure out why , we suspect a bit of both bad connections (download)
    and a bit of language barrier
    this site Baixaki Top Semanal Downloads must be the leader over there
    Have a nice evening I am going to bed
    Finally...
    Bye
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Under Xp SP2 (will try Vista again on Monday.

1. registration screen doesn't work. Tells me my email address is incorrect. Doesn't seem to like email addresses from domains in .com.au

2. Progress bar at the bottom flickers up and down with the status values during conversion, but there is no real indicator or actual progress or time to complete.

3. Preset conversions seem to work pretty well and quality is OK. I tried a couple of manual Xvid encodes, and they all failed. 0 file size and Error appeared under the status column, but nothing else useful for diagnosis. Will try a few more later.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I never figured out exactly what the progress bar was showing. Similar to SUPER. It makes quite a few passes but it's not done till it's done.

There's a registration screen? I guess I didn't try that.

I think the program may fill a niche similar to SUPER. I did like it's WMV encoding. I prefer non-MS programs even for WMV.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

Progession Bar
    The progress bar is there to show that the converter is running in the background for a 100s if the conversion lasts for more than 100 s it restarts from beginning, the time status is shown during conversion to the right of the file being converted.

Registration is not neccessary as explained on the previous page "1) Registration screen on the freeware does not work properly,however it is not needed as it will only be used in the future for other applications and features to be added . " we may remove it to avoid confusion .

Using advanced mode may be tricky what type of format where you trying to convert from ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by balou
    Using advanced mode may be tricky what type of format where you trying to convert from ?
    flv to xvid in an avi container. I kept it as simples as possible by matching resolution, framerate and audio settings.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok Gun I ll be running some tests and will let you know the outcome
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FLV to DVD works fine, damn, I just paid for ConvertXtoDVD ha ha!

Progress bar - can't you make it so it tells you REAL time remaining? Not just 100s intervals?

Well done, coz I've always hated SUPER!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apparently it works here I will prepare a video demo and place it on the website as demo should take me a few minutes .. maybe you forgot some settings ? or perhaps your flv has a problem

if it doesnt work maybe you can send it to me and I will check it
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    could you first place a picture of your advanced settings on the board ?
    here are mine

I hope that helps ..

Here it works .. The bitrate I chose can be reduced to decrease the size of the output...
    You can also set values for the screen output to x=320 y =240 if you wih or even 640x480 etc
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bourboner
    FLV to DVD works fine, damn, I just paid for ConvertXtoDVD ha ha!

Progress bar - can't you make it so it tells you REAL time remaining? Not just 100s intervals?

Well done, coz I've always hated SUPER!
    Sh... happens 40$ lol

Anyways as mentionned above we have stil a lot of priorities besides the progression bar and real time .. but we are aware of it and will certainly come up with a better solution in the future for it , but no need to expect it too soon sob ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The setting I used were the same as your example (above) except

1. I did enter a resolution of 320 x 240
    2. Audio bitrate was 128 kbps

Everything else was the same.

I could successfully convert the same clip using the Divx preset button, or by selecting AVI/Xvid from the drop downs on the simple screen.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello again ,

Finally I had a little time to come back to you "Mate"

Well well , surprise I tried and it works here ??

are those the settings you used ? because if it is the case probably the file might have something ... did you try with another one ?
    I hold on a while in case you are online ...
    Then time to go to bed...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i like this program but it wont convert .mov files, it keeps getting an error no matter what format i try.
    my whole life flashed be fore my eyes,and i wasnt even dead yet.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shititin
    i like this program but it wont convert .mov files, it keeps getting an error no matter what format i try.
    If the files are protected Ipod files then probably that is why it doesn't convert them .

Another possibility is that you installed it without administrator rights. Otherwise we have a support forum where you can have a look and probably you will have your answer.

Have a nice day.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using it often, & it works pretty damned well....however, I don't allow ANY program's "auto-update" to run automatically, in the background or otherwise. I'd like to see an option to disable the auto-update function, as well as a meaningful progress indicator. Other than those little details, your program's quickly becoming indispensable around here. Good job!
    Stiiv
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Stiiv
    I've been using it often, & it works pretty damned well....however, I don't allow ANY program's "auto-update" to run automatically, in the background or otherwise. I'd like to see an option to disable the auto-update function, as well as a meaningful progress indicator.
    I haven't actually tried this program yet but I've been reading the posts in this thread and saw the screenshots.
    It does appear to have a lot of potential!

I agree with Stiiv though. Absolutely must have an option to disable the auto-update function and a meaningful progress indicator.

Does it have or can it make use of filters?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all ,

Quickly replying to your posts with some new info .

1) Auto update : It will be dropped in version Quick Media Converter 3.5 Final and stable available to you guys within a week or so .
    The current version is still Quick Media converter 3.48 Beta.

The reason we used autoupdate was for beta testing purposes only in order to have everybody with the same version for testing, but the success our application encountered took us a bit by surprise and there was no way back at that stage. We should perhaps have had to close the beta testing and keep existing users, but as the application was fairly stable and efficient we decided not to do so and have stopped since updating the application.
    Next version will let you know that there is a new version available for download and it will be up to you to decide if you want it or not. However as we plan to keep on improving our application it wouldn't make any sense not to upgrade it

2)Uninstall feature : Since version 3.48 it is included you just need to go to start /program files /quick media converter /uninstall quick media converter.

3) The new Quick Media Converter 3.5 Final version has an improved progression bar as well as batch progress bar.

Some other conversion features have also been added such as more available sizes in Standard modes and are currently undergoing intensive internal testing before release, also some conversions have been improved and fine tuned for even better results.

We hope this answers all your questions .

Have a nice day.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello
    After a long delay (testing testing testing )finally we are almost done .

Yes we will incude auto update warning and you will be able to decide if you do it or not, in a couple of days we will release final and stable version of Quick Media Converter version 3.5.0 including some new interesting features such as PS3 WII XBOX 360 and XBOX conversions on top of what is already included. Also there will be a new feature in simple mode to allow you to freely Custom resize according to your needs your videos .

Thanks to the Video Help Forum and website team for posting our freeware on their website.

Have a Nice Day
    Team Cocoon

Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    great work balou!! I've been using this program for quick conversions, and found I liked it better than others I had tried. I'm eagerly anticipating the new release with the custom sizing. Keep up the great work.
    member since 1843
    Quote Quote  
  27. balou, I have some hints:

Make sure you can open/read the AVCHD or .MTS formats from the latest Canon and Sony HD camcorders directly. This will immediately gain large new audiences and thus make your software famous. So far only TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress from Pegasys Inc handles it OK using free decoders from K-Lite codec packs.

Also, add a couple of basic but good filters for resizing, letterboxing, cropping, sharpening, leveling and maybe denoising, exactly like the filters in VirtualDub. They are actually quite good. You don't require high-end filters, as long as you offer sliders and settings for them, so people can use them as subtle as they'd like to. I find that most of those simple but useful (often necessary!) filters are really missing in most conversion packages. Since you're mostly resizing while converting, it's smart to have some filters there as well, at the same time, so you can have the filters working on the source quality format, or directly on the output before (re-)encoding.

Also, offer .mkv container (if you don't already), support the ogg vorbis, lame, and x264 codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello again ,

Thank you Ricky and Bayme for your comments and suggestions , we will take them into account for future releases

As we were working actively for the final release which in the end turns out to be 3.5.7 due to various modifications and improvements added the our application. We finished last night and placed it on line around 4 am European Time , so what a surprise to see today the Videohelp.com had already placed it at your disposal here https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Quick_Media_Converter !! not even the time to update our padfile and some user had already reported that the new final release was out QMC 3.5.7

In specific reply to Bayme : yes mkv container is already included but in expert mode only so far. So is swf in expert mode also maybe be soon in Simple mode ... who knows

Thank you all for using our converter and helping us making it what it is today, we hope you will enjoy it as much as we do .

Have a nice day.

Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Just curious if anyone has converted a blu-ray rip movie VC-1 video with DTS-HD audio to an h264 file with LPCM audio and had success streaming it to play on a PS3 or is this aven possible with this tool? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by picman
    Hi, Just curious if anyone has converted a blu-ray rip movie VC-1 video with DTS-HD audio to an h264 file with LPCM audio and had success streaming it to play on a PS3 or is this aven possible with this tool? Thank you.
    No not yet as Quick Media Converter 3.5.7 does not yet support Blue Ray maybe in future versions
    Quote Quote