VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Help me !! Someone knows how unlock a Curtis DVD1057 !?!? I already tryed many other Curtis DVDs ways, but it is doesn't work !!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes ! Sorry !! How to operate this equipment in Region Free !?!?! I already tryed many Curtis codes, but they didn't work !!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, as the sticky in this forum says, not all (less and less, it seems) players can be made region free, if they aren't so to begin with.
    OTOH, you just have to do a backup (always a good idea anyway) of the region protected disk to make the disk region free.
    Then comes the issue with different TV systems (NTSC vs PAL)...

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey ! I didn't understand !!! This is a regular DVD Player, brand Curtis !!! THe chipset is suppose to be similar in all of them, what in my "mind" there are some options to unlock for region free !! I don't know which backup are you talking about, because there is no software to protect.
    Don't you think some codes, such as 9735, 7912, 1.1.1.1, or something like this, with the tray openned, it soppose to work ?
    Thanks for your help. It is always an additional knowledge.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The backup I'm referring to, is a backup of the DVD that has the wrong region.
    If you have a Region 2 DVD and a Region 1 player, back up the Region 2 DVD to DVD-R, and you'll have a region free version of your Region 2 DVD.
    And no, I don't think "some codes" is supposed to work. Manufacturers change firmware versions (the firmware, not chipset, is what determines if a player is/can be made region free or not) and remove/change these kind of "back doors" all the time. Hack codes may or may not work. If you really need a region free player - Buy one that is region free out of the box.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the tips !!! I really didn't know many things that you wrote !!! I will try to change it for a Coby which I have the codes to change the firmware to free region.

Regards
    Quote Quote