VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dont want to shrink the movie or change the format in any way(unless its needed)

I just want say a music video of a movie, or maybe a trailer and to cut it out as it is, but dont know how.

I have a bit of a retro obsession so like to watch intros and endings from 80's kids shows but youtube quality is low.

I just want to cut loads of scenes from different movies to my pc hard drive then make them a single dvd(each with its own title)

I do have a dvd recorder but its quite slow for one and 2 wont let me copy from copyrighted dvds
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    copy the dvd folders to your hard drive with dvdfabdecrypter or anydvd running. then use dvdshrink in reauthor mode and 0 compression selected to cut out the scene you want.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A bit confusing that still, do you mean copy all the folders to hd or just certain vob files

Or is it just copy the dvd to hd with no compression then use dvdshrink which lets me copy certain scenes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    copy the video_ts folder. it's got the movie in it. once it's on the h.d. and no protection, cutting out what you want is easy.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If each "scene" is not a complete chapter....you are most likely going to have audio/video sync issues doing it the DVDShrink way.
    You are better off taking the entire chapter in which the scene/clip resides then using a regular editing program like MPEG VCR or MPEG2SCHNITT or even Virtualdub if you plan on converting to Xvid, Divx etc etc.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If im lucky a lot of them will just be a chapter, i.e as its just the intro and ending.

a lot of hk ones I have though are just one chapter per ep.

Its also for say a music video in a special feature so that should be ok
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss
    copy the dvd folders to your hard drive with dvdfabdecrypter or anydvd running. then use dvdshrink in reauthor mode and 0 compression selected to cut out the scene you want.
    Maybe this is just weird, but I've had considerable success using Shrink's "Start Frame | End Frame" method (in ReAuthor Mode) to extract clips -- even with a number of DVDs that were protected and never ripped. Can't account for how or why this worked, but there we are, regardless. (These were mostly short clips. Maybe there's a size limit, before CSS starts to interfere ?)
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    seeker - that will work for most older dvds but alot of newer ones require an updated protection removal like anydvd or dvdfab. shrink hasn't been updated in years. like you i'd at least try shrink by itself first, but i gave him a method that should work for all rather than several different methods.
    --
    Quote Quote