VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    This is my first topic..I have been trying to make a DVD-Video[backup copy] ..now i have all the movie files with the correct IFO and BUP files for them and menu file as well. i accidently deleted the IFO and BUP for the menu..now the DVD plays straight to movie menu is not coming up when clicking video_ts.bup. i tried copying IFO n BUP file from another movie corresponding the menu n named like this particular movie menu[VTS-01_0] But player showed error[i just tried to check whether it work or not]...so any has an idea to recreate those IFO and BUP for menu ? i dont want to reauthor ..i want to use same menu n movie files without reencoding..i'm scared if i reencode[using TMPG OR ANY OTHER] i will mess up..so help please
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    IFO Edit has a 'Create New IFO' entry on one of its menus. Never tried it (only recently started to use the program), but if it does what it says it'll probably work for you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    IFO Edit has worked for me to recreate the IFO and BUP files in the past. But even with that you may have problems. But I would give it a try. A DVD is sometimes a complicated structure.

If you haven't looked through it, 'WHAT IS' DVD to the upper left on this page has some information about the DVD structure, format and specifications.

The BUP is just a backup of the IFO. The IFO contains the navigation instructions, such as chapters, subtitle tracks and audio tracks that are contained in the VOBs, which also contain the video.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    i have tried ifoedit..its not creating ifo from menu file, but can create from movie files[vob]..is there any other option
    Quote Quote