VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What's the best software to join together video clips (DivX)? Will Virtual Dub do this?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It can (Append), although there is always a risk of audio sync issues in the second half (post join).

I have found AVIDemux to be more reliable with audio, although on occasion the join point can slow down visually for a second or two.

In short - I have found no guaranteed way to join two clips with perfect results every time.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The video in question has no audio. It's just got video. So i think it would be easy to join two together. What i did was, to take the primary video, and mix things with another one. I used software to make another video that mirrors things, so the subjects are facing the opposite direction. So now i have two different videos that are the same, but the subjects are facing left in the first one, right in the second one. I don't wanna have it where the primary video plays all the way through, and then the second video plays. I wanna mix things up, where the primary video plays 5 seconds, then the second video kicks in and plays 5 seconds, and so on. I know it may sound like a bit of a project, but this is what i wanna do. Have any suggestions?

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can do it in either by loading and trimming the video multiple times, or create a script for avisynth that uses the Trim() statement and adds the pieces together. Or use an NLE if you have one. Even Windows Movie Maker can do what you ask.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote