VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    just got a 160 gig Ipod, went on here to look at programs to put all the video i want on there but none seem to be working for me.
    videora wouldnt download properly ( i have vista- not sure if thats why) handbreak would cobvert properly even as i follwowed the guide.
    What is left thats free?
    I used to have super on my old computer, will i have to convert the video from dvd to anothe rformat then to mp4 using super?
    whatever is easiest, quickest and doesnt go out of sinc.

Cheers guys
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I run Videora under Vista without any problems. I have never tested it's output on an iPod, as I have no desire to purchase one, but quicktime has always been happy with the output.

Do you have administrative rights on your account ?

I have never been impressed by Handbrake's output
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes i do
    it downloaded then kept saying was corrupt or didnt download properly and closed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Where did you download Videora from? (Do you mean Videora iPod Converter? I recommend it (it's worked better for me than SUPER at creating video for the iPod), but I haven't tried using it under Vista, yet...) If you're having trouble downloading it from the main Videora site, you might try VideoHelp's mirror of the setup file.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. The quickest, easiest iPod converter I've tried is CloneDVDMobile (+ AnyDVD if the video needs to be decrypted). You can download the free trial versions and get a lot of mileage out of them before they expire in 30 days time. After that, try other freeware or buy CloneDVDMobile outright if you found it worthwhile. (I have a lot of circa-1970's TV show sets that don't backup or convert to iPod format easily with freeware- the SlySoft programs worked for me so I bit the bullet and bought them and haven't looked back. Easy + Reliable sometimes = $)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i downloaded it off the link from here
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried downloading Videora iPod Converter from its homepage, or VideoHelp's mirror link?

What error messages do you get when you try to run the downloaded setup program?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  8. There is one more software (free): WinFF. Its a front end GUI of FFMpeg, but I have never got the opportunity to try it. So can't guaranty the quality.
    আমি বাংলায় গান গাই
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WinFF, as src2206 mentioned, has many very good and easy presets/profiles for iPod, PSP, VCD, DVD, and other devices of x264, XviD, FAAC, and LAME codecs in MP4 and AVI containers [also, MPEG1, MPEG2, HuffYUV, 3GP, WMV, FLV, SWF, MOV, and others]. The documentation included and WinFF forums help you customize or create presets for specific needs. I've found "FFmpeg Howto" and "FFMPEG FAQ" to be helpful as well. If your device supports XviD & AAC in MP4 you can choose to copy the video and only transcode the audio into a MP4 from common AutoGK and the likes XviD & MP3 AVI's with the "-vcodec copy" command.

Otherwise, there is AviDemux, Avanti, MediaCoder, AutoMKV, RipBot264, StaxRip, AutoFF, AutoMen, avi.net, XviD4PSP, and similar that use presets and mostly FFMPEG.

Did I miss anything good besides the too elaborate for MeGUH! MeGUI ?
    Quote Quote