VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    This is more or less a continuation of a previous topic on DVDshrink:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic342844.html

But, since it involves DVDfab exclusively, I decided it best to separate the two. Suffice it to say I've decided to buy DVDfab Platinum. And using the shrinkage functions in the demo version, I'm pretty impressed in how it does what it does. But I'm still left with a question for those in the know.

I have a relatively new version of Nero installed on my system. But the only time I use it is to burn CDs. To burn DVDs, I used to use an ISOburn via DVDdecrypter. But to create the ISO file I needed to burn, I'd previously used DVDshrink ... which sadly, stopped working on my system.

The question. Does DVDfab Platinum use Nero conventions to burn a DVD ... or does it have its own burning conventions? Sometimes when using Nero, I'd get disk errors that an ISOburn via DVDdecrypter didn't get. And I'm wondering if anyone has tested disks burned with DVDfab to see if they're prone to the same disk errors as Nero?

If so, I'd like to find out if there's any utility out there that can do just one thing ... read the DVD files on my computer and convert them into an ISO file ... which I can later burn with DVDdecrypter.

Regards,
    J. Alec West
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Alec West, Fab Platinum uses VSO's burning engine,however if you have Nero installed you can choose to burn with that..
    Also If you want an iso use the clone mode and create one to HDD,for later burning....
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFab Platinum will do a full rip or compress a dvd9 to a dvd5.
    It will do it to either an ISO or to a VIDEO_TS folder.

And what t0nee1 said, but can save to an ISO in "full disc" "Main Movie", ect. it does not have to be just in "clone" mode.

Originally Posted by AlecWest
    If so, I'd like to find out if there's any utility out there that can do just one thing ... read the DVD files on my computer and convert them into an ISO file ... which I can later burn with DVDdecrypter.

Regards,
    J. Alec West
    Yeah, ImgBurn, if you don't just use DVDFab Platinum to save to an ISO to begin with.....
    And burn with either ImgBurn or DVD Decrypter ect.
    DVDFab Platinum is what i use most of the time to rip or do other things that DVD Shrink will not do.

DVDFAB Gold $39.99
    DVDFab Platinum $49.99
    http://www.dvdfab.com/fab-compare.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    DVDFab Platinum will do a full rip or compress a dvd9 to a dvd5.
    It will do it to either an ISO or to a VIDEO_TS folder.
    I just noticed that today (grin). So, I can still use DVDdecrypter to do the burning. I decided to buy DVDfab Platinum the other day. I think it was, overall, the wise decision ... and know I'm definitely going to enjoy the PathPlayer feature. Versatile piece of software.

Regards,
    J. Alec West
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yep.
    If you save the final dvd to an ISO you could pretty much burn it with anything that burns
    When i use it that's what i do, save it to an ISO and burn with Imgburn.

And yeah, it's a nice piece of work for only $50.00 considering what it all does and is always updated.

It does burn itself either by using the built in VSO burning engine, or it will use nero if you have it installed.
    I wonder why they don't set it up to use Imgburn also ? or have a feature set up so if you do have Imgburn installed you can browse for it and add it to the autoburn function.....

Maybe we should all e-mail him and have him include it in future updates/releases of the program 8)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I used to use IMGburn a while back ... but switched to DVDdecrypter. IMGburn, for some reason, gave me errors a lot (like my older Nero did). DVDdecrypter has never failed to burn an ISO (no kidding) to a disk.

Regards,
    J. Alec West
    Quote Quote