VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a movie with divx/avi format. The frame rate is 23.97. I have extracted the audio from it and converted to ac3 in 5.1 format.

Then I put it into Tmpgenc and tried to make the dvd with standard dvd format by replacing the audio with my new 5.1 ac3 file and the result was the audio was out of sync.

The frame rate selected in Tmpgenc was pal 25 fps and the audio file I made was from 23.97 fps. Could it be the reason of the problem? if yes then what is the solution as I want to make a standard dvd for this movie with 5.1 surround. Tmpgenc makes a mpg file with 23.97 fps and 5.1 audio stream as i put but then I am not able to burn it as standard dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What tmpgenc version are you using? tmpgenc plus? tmpgenc express? tmpenc dvd author? You should make 23.97 with 3:2 pulldown that you should be able to author in all dvd authoring/burning tools.

Or use ConvertXtoDVD or the free DVD Flick or FAVC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Compare video length of MPEG with original avi, also try to find out the number of frames in both (the same numbers would be good). If the length difference is about 4% (MPEG version shorter) then probable reason is in framerate and there's a chance to repair it without re-encoding (if the encoder with its settings didn't produce any blended frames). In this case you can take elementary (demuxed) video and put it to DGPulldown. Check 'custom' box, type original 23.976 as input framerate and 25 as output framerate, then process (the length should be corrected).
    If something is still wrong, encode again the video to elementary stream at original framerate with PAL picture size and use DGPulldown with the same 23.976=25 settings (the length will be the same for input/output in this case).
    Quote Quote