VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    i need to convert some images to a movie.
    now i'm look for a file format that give me more compression with minimum cpu usage when playing. of course with good quality
    now what's your suggestion ? is it FLV ?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    please give me some suggestion ?!
    FLV , WMV , MOV , RM or...??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Patience is a virtue

This is rather an 'open' question.

Answer the following:

1. Where is the 'movie' going to be played ? On a tv and a PC or just a PC

2. Do you want the 'movie' to play full-screen or in a small window ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    aha...good begining, you give me hope
    1. my movies play from CD rom only on the PC.
    2. my movies are a part of an autorun project, the main Autorun is full screen ,but the movie maybe not. for example in 800*600 resolution, the movie maybe plays in 700*500...
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok.

This 'autorun' is a little vague as well. Most commercial offerings that do this would rely on macromedia flash (shockwave - swf).

A good full-screen option is a PowerPoint presentation but anyone who watches the movie will need the software installed or find a conversion program.

IMO full-screem and compression do not go hand in hand with flv, wmv or rm. And you should not worry about PC resources either unless you have a very slow machine or running a lot of other programs at the same time.

Give a little more information on the intended viewing of the movie. Just you or just from your PC and the way you are implementing the 'autorun' and what software you are using.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    as i said, i have sequence of images (1000 or more) and i want to make a movie from them. in my autorun user can use arrow key for navigation throw the pictures. i use fast play/pause & if i use source images the final autorun has a big size and slow loading.
    so i want to make every for example 200 pictures into a movie and load from cd rom and use paly/pause with arrow keys, and just before the first movie reachs the last seconds ,load the second movie from cd rom & ...
    currently i work on flash video, but i look for better format (if availible).
    i wrote my project in VB6 and handling an flv movie in VB6 is not easy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Now I understand what you mean by the 'autorun'

You are attempting to store the images within your program (the auto run) and, naturally, the more images the larger the program. As VB has to load the whole program into memory then it does slow down the process.

The solution is quite easy (in theory) and is perfectly possibly within VB as I did something similar a long time ago.

1. All the images are stored on the CD but not within the program
    2. Create a data-base file (Microsoft Access is good for this) which holds the location of each image(folder name,name of image) in it's fields
    3. Your autorun will control the database fields in any way you wish by programming. VB has good image display capabilities.
    Quote Quote