VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got a panasonic DMR-EH57. It plays normal DVD's no prob, but my self burned dvd-/+rw give problems.

Some dvd-/+rw play and some don't and give this error on the display: "PORT UNSUP".

I called Panasonic, asked them what this error means, they didn't know (!?)).

I googled for hours: nothing.

I thought it was a problem of different disk-brands, but then I tested burning in different ways on the same brand-type dvd's and found soem worked and some did not. So I concluded it's not the difference in dvd's that is the problem.

It seems that the error occurs when dvd's were burned with certain software.

can NOT read:
    - deepburner
    - NTI cd-dvd-maker

Can read:
    - pinnacle instant photoalbum
    - sonic myDvd

How can I burn my downloaded dvd's?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    More details about the source, please

Are these complete DVD structures, or are you downloading avi files and converting them yourself. If the latter, how ? What software are you using ?

Have you tried using Imgburn to burn your discs ? If is probably the single best burning application for DVD Video available to the general public.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @guns1inger:
    sorry, forgot to mention that what I am trying to burn is a complete dvd-structure (directory "VIDEO_TS" with .vob files etc.). All dvd's I burned worked fine on a pc with power dvd.
    Got the same result with another complete dvd-structure.
    Quote Quote