VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden seem to be universally liked with the 3575, or any unit for that matter.

I think the 3575's burner is a 4X based on one national reviewer's comment and the actual speed of HS burns. There's some anecdotal info on HS dubs being ~1/3 faster with 4X and 8X discs, and that's what I plan to try next if just to test that info.

I'm using 1-16X genuine TDKs now (TTH02), but TDK stopped making consumer DVDs about 2 yrs ago. Imation is "handling sales and service" for TDK discs and they bought Memorex in Jan 06, so Imation is prob. farming out TDK and Memorex discs now, and who knows what others.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have the earlier version of the 3575 (different model number) that only has an NTSC tuner. If not for the digital changeover, I'd be totally happy with it. Need that digi-tuner next year, tho.

Are these units still available?

I've thought about getting a 3575 for a good while now, but they're hard to find.

I'm also wondering if I should wait for Philips to make one that'll take cable cards.

Comments?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check the first page of this thread fro some sources.

My local Wal-Mart has six units on the shelf now, used to be hit-and-miss with a couple.

If looking locally (Wal-Mart), get one with the latest Pack Date (shown on short end of box). The six at my WM are 5 ea. October 2007 and one April 2007 (the very first units).

Only makes a difference if you're on analog cable... later dates should be better for analog cable.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also have a Philips DVDR3575H region 2 and the 2 posted hacks to change it to region 0 did not work with me also . Anyone can HELP me? gurkea@hotmail.com Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Be careful with hacks for the DVDR3575... and any other RECORDER. Almost ALL posted hacks are for PLAYERS and don't work on recorders. In fact, I tried one Philips player hack on my DVDR3575 recorder and it messed up the pic... just a thin 1" line on screen. Finally got it back to normal by just waiting, rebooting, etc.

Voids your warranty if they see a FW change.
    Quote Quote  
  6. i am considering a 3575H as a replacement for my LITEON DVDR that died recently. we live in Taiwan and are visiting the States for another week. the local WM has several of these models and they seem pretty good feature-wise, and the forum comments are positive.

purchased in the US, i subsequently remote-hacked the LITEON for region-free operation for convenience when viewing locally produced DVDs. i'm not so concerned about playing back our Taiwanese R2 discs as i do have a Taiwanese Sampo player (karaoke enabled with pitch control and front panel mic inputs) but my concern regards burned discs. i shoot 16:9 DV (with a Glidecam!) and burn discs for US customers. that's no problem with US produced units of course, but are the 3575H burned discs region free? if i can't burn a region-free disc then i'll have to use a work-around for burning discs for my friends in Taiwan. i can use Kino and my ASUS external DVD burner in that event but that's more work.

thanks in advance for any advice/insight.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDs you record or dub from a recorded file on the HDD (original recordings) in the 3575 will be region-free. A computer program like WIN DVD will read them as Region1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. "RCE" (Regional Code Enhancement) Protection will also be "No."

I just copied some 1990's VHS commercial movies to DVDs on my 3575 and they all have the same "all-region" setting.

The Region restriction is only for playback.

Just in case, be aware that this year's model, the 3576, is also available at a lower price at Sams Club, $248. It's virtually identical to the 3575 and only has a new Front-End (FE) version of FW. Either should work as well as the other in Taiwan for your purposes.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Possible Region-Code Workaround for Playback???

For people who need to play discs restricted to a single, OTHER region, I found what MAY be a possible workaround so they play on your 3575/76 (?):

1. Insert a home-made disc from a rec on the HDD or elsewhere (not a commercialy produced DVD). Can be anything as long as you produced it in the 3575/76.

2. Start disc and wait for the DVD menu to appear... may have to press the Disc Menu button w/DVD drive selected.

3. Remove the disc.

4. Insert the region-coded (restricted) disc you want to play... leave tray open.

5. Press the PLAY button (NOT the Close Tray button) and, hopefully, the DVD will play normally?

Don't know if this actually works since I don't have any discs restricted to other regions, but might be worth a try!?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wabjxo
    Possible Region-Code Workaround for Playback???

For people who need to play discs restricted to a single, OTHER region, I found what MAY be a possible workaround so they play on your 3575/76 (?):

1. Insert a home-made disc from a rec on the HDD or elsewhere (not a commercialy produced DVD). Can be anything as long as you produced it in the 3575/76.

2. Start disc and wait for the DVD menu to appear... may have to press the Disc Menu button w/DVD drive selected.

3. Remove the disc.

4. Insert the region-coded (restricted) disc you want to play... leave tray open.

5. Press the PLAY button (NOT the Close Tray button) and, hopefully, the DVD will play normally?

Don't know if this actually works since I don't have any discs restricted to other regions, but might be worth a try!?
    Okay...I've got to ask this.

WHY do you think this method will work if you haven't tried it?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gastrof

Believe me, if I had any discs set for any other region, I would have already tried it!

Besides, I said "Don't know if this actually works.." I think that means, I don't know if this actually works!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wabjxo
    Originally Posted by gastrof

Believe me, if I had any discs set for any other region, I would have already tried it!

Besides, I said "Don't know if this actually works.." I think that means, I don't know if this actually works!

But you still haven't explained WHY you think this might work. I mean, putting a funny hat on the machine MIGHT do it too, but there's no proof of that.

I'm wondering why you think that method you described would work.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mr Troll, I have to think you think that thinking something might mean you think that thought means you think something might work if thinking it won't work means you think it will work! I don't think those thoughts myself, but I think you think those thoughts, which I think is thoughtless on your part but then I think everyone thinks like I think but not like you think. Are these thoughts your thoughts or just thoughtless thinking on your part?

P.S. I just realized how thoughtless of me to think you thought otherwise than my thinking on a thoughtful subject like this!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys. I just got this DVDR and need to make it region free. Has a hack surfaced yet?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a hack someone sent me and asked about, plus my response:

Originally Posted by noname
    wajo:

I stumbled across this to make the 3575 an All-Region player and I wanted to run it by you to see if you have seen it or tried it.

1. Turn on the player from the front panel (without a disc inserted)
    2. Press HDD List on remote and ensure Hard Disk is highlighted
    3. Press PLAY
    4. Enter 159 121 212 005 255
    5. Press PLAY
    6. Turn the player off

One other thing I would like to know, is do you know what buttons to press on the remote control in order to have it display what Region the unit is. I would think it would be pointless to try to make the unit all region, unless I knew how to display the units current region (to make sure it worked).
    I've seen this one but was afraid to try it myself, esp. since I don't play any other-region discs and prob. never will!

I'm not sure if there's a specific 3575/3576 screen that shows Region Code, but SKIP-4-5-6 has something I only *suspect* is it, but I don't think it's worth trying that way.

A better option is to do the hack, create a disc with anything on it, then use DVDDecrypter, 1st screen, which shows the region.

Your discs created in the 3575 would normally show Region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8... all our home-made discs are for "All-Region" playback, so I'm not sure what would show up if you hacked it... I'd be afraid, but just don't know if, it might set the machine for just that region, even the discs YOU create, which are now all-region!

Anyway, best of luck!!!!!

wajo
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried the posted Hack and the other "idea" mentioned above and they didn't work to change the region code (or play a different code DVD) . I do need the hack as I am in latin America and we have a different code here than in the US.
    If someone has another hack pls let me know.
    FDC
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    New to this forum, but I have a 3575 and have found it to be reliable. However, I note that in SLP mode it can only record 5h:42m on a 4.7GB DVD(+R, -R, +RW, etc.) and also discovered that it could not dub a 5h+ single program to DVD, at high speed, but if I divided the recording to approx 3h and 2h it could record both together at high speed. Not sure where the cutoff point is but maybe at 4h or above? Another issue is that some recordings get corrupted over a period so that they will cross-link to other recordings after a week or two. I find it necessary to fast forward through the entire recording on HDD to see if it pauses at some point or visibly is cross-linked to a different program. Any ideas of this type of error?
    MartinW
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MartinW2 View Post
    New to this forum, but I have a 3575 and have found it to be reliable. However, I note that in SLP mode
    Don't use it. It looks terrible beyond 4-hour recordings.

After 4 hours of footage, the resolution is dropped to 352x240 and is deinterlaced with drop-frame.

Yuck and double-yuck!
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pakawufs View Post
    I just received my Philips DVDR3575H. Here is my issue and maybe someone can help me out. I have loaded footage to the HDD from my camcorder. I want to edit the footage before I burn to DVD. When I am editing, I perform my "start" and "end" marks to take out what I do not want. When I preview it back or watch it after my edit, THE PICTURE WILL FREEZE FOR A SECOND BEFORE IT GOES TO THE NEXT SCENE. It occurs right before the edit (what I took out). Scene freezes for a second and then goes to next scene. I feel it should go right to the next scene without the frame freezing. Has anyone experienced this who has this unit? Please let me know if there is a fix before I return it and go back to editing on my computer - which involves rendering Thanks
    Could you please let me know if the Philips DVDR3575H creates this DVD menu title page (after finalizing discs) (picture attached). I'd appreciate your response. Thank you.Image
    [Attachment 53755 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote