VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have two copies of the same movie. One is a standard 2D version with an English audio track. The other is a field-sequential 3D version with a Spanish audio track. What I need to be able to do is remove the Spanish audio track from the 3D version and replace it with the English track from the 2D version.

One hitch that might make a difference is that the video file cannot be remastered. If you are unfamiliar with field-sequential 3D... A field-sequential 3D video signal is a normal video signal which has been specially recorded with left and right images stored on the even and odd fields of the video signal.

I have tried to create a DVD from field-sequential mpeg files and in the process of recoding the video, the "flickering" effect was inadvertently stripped out and I was left with a 2D version of what I had started with.

The software that I currently have installed is as follows: Nero Recode, NeroVision Express, DVD Cloner, DVDShrink, TMPGEnc, VirtualDub. I will install anything else that I need to get this done at your suggestion.

I would really like to get this done as soon as possible, since the video that I am trying to edit is a Christmas show.

Thanks, in advance....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

These are both DVDs? And they're both exactly the same length so you really can substitute one audio track for the other?

If so, then demux them both (PGCDemux, making sure to check the "Demux video stream" box). Switch the audio tracks. Remux (Muxman). Replace the old DVD with the original audio with the new DVD with the new audio using the replace button in VobBlanker (if there are menus or anything else you want to keep).

No reencoding needed. All programs are freeware.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Take a look at this excellent guide:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338721.html
    Look at "Method 2" and note that you don't really need to worry about the subtitle stuff. The basic procedure of using PGCDemux, Muxman and VobBlanker as manono talks about is here with a few photos to help you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your replies...

I forgot to mention, the copy with the English track is an AVI. As for EXACT length, I will have to check. I figured I could trim or pad the track if necessary to make the length correct... ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I forgot to mention, the copy with the English track is an AVI.
    So, demux the audio, and if it's not DVD compliant (MP3, for example), convert it to AC3 audio. Then follow my instructions.
    I figured I could trim or pad the track if necessary to make the length correct... ?
    Perhaps not. If they're not the same length, it may be more complicated than that. They might have different framerates (one from a PAL source and the other from an NTSC source), or if both of the same format, all kinds of other things could account for differing lengths. Just hope they're the same length, of if not, that your idea of cutting audio or adding silence works.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I played the 3d version on the dvd player and the English audio track on the computer, just to watch it, and it's not going to work. Twice I had to pause and unpause the audio source to resync the audio and video... Not to mention the start points weren't the same.

At least I got to watch it. Thanks anyway, guys....
    Quote Quote