VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Ok first off i dont have the knowledge and expertise most of you have in this area. But as of today i and converted Hd-dvd disks and Blu ray disks

Blu ray
    1) Ripped to hard drive then used Tsremux (i selected the video stream and 1 audio stream{non pcm lossless} ) and remuxed together not separate

2) used elecard converter studio to open file. It played the file and shows you the audio and video data(no sync issues). I selected the format i wanted to(several to chose from hdv-1 720p, hdv-2 1080i. mpeg 4 cinema, hd dvd avc. After 3 hours the movie is converted and plays great

hd-dvd

1) ripped to hard drive and used evodemux to rebuild (not demux)

2) Nero 8 just had an update today so after the update i opened nero recode and pointed it to my file(evo) clicked add file. now it took a little while for it to analize the file but after a couple of minutes i could play the movie in the preview window. im waiting for it to finish recoding but everyhting looks good. (ps i did buy the hd-dvd option from nero so that may have helped as well

Now i know alot of you can probably do this with you eyes closed with other software but i more typing this for the people who dont understand command lines, scripts, using avisynth etc etc

Elecard converter is expensive to buy ) but they have a free trial and there is a cheaper products that may work and they offer trails
    Quote Quote  
  2. hd-dvd video good but no audio even though it played in preview window
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So how do you rip an HD DVD to the hard drive? I downloaded the free DVDfab for HD DVD. I already own the DVDplatinum edition. The program will not read the HD in the dvd drive. I have two, a Pioneer 110D and a NEC 2500a. Both DVD player/writers will not recognize the HD DVD. So now what?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You have to have and Hd -dvd drive not a regular dvd/burner. I have a xbox 360hd-dvd but wound up buying this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136133

I have the free version of dvd fab hd decrypter and slysoft any dvd hd
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's a little too pricey for me. I guess I will have to pay attention to the DVD I buy. I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to play it on my computer. I don't have an HD player only an HD monitor and TV. This is getting crazy isn't it? I think I'll wait until something more affordable comes along and all this format stuff is resolved.
    Quote Quote  
  6. if you only want to do hd-dvd then buy the xbox 360hd-dvd thats what i got firts but since i wanted to do both hd-dvds and blu ray i got the lg so now my 360 hd dvd just sits around
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ultraman36
    so now my 360 hd dvd just sits around
    Why not try selling it? I bought mine online at an auction for a 100.00. Would be worth looking into if your used to selling online...... Just a thought..
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I was trying to sell it to friends. That way i dont have to worry about shipping etc etc. I may ebay it but im trying not to cut the upc label off and send in for those 5 free dvds lol must resist temptation
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hey ultraman36,
    I don't mean to change the subject on you but do you know of a way to burn Blu Ray back on to disk after ripping? Basically just copying a BD?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rip hddvd to hard drive. Use evodemux choose video and audio rebuild evo.Split files with dv tool (to 4.2g) Open ts remux choose evo files to remux, check bray ....remux .Burn to dvd with nero, burning rom choose dvdrom udf,click udf choose manual setting udf 2.50.open new, drag both files created by ts remux burn on to dvd and enjoy a perfect bluray 1920 1080p movie.
    Quote Quote  
  11. How about from Blu Ray?
    Quote Quote  
  12. tommyoz read the first part of my thread blu ray was the first i mentioned. I havent had a chance to test the blu ray files in nero yet just in the Elecard app
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mel15..does your method create a disc to play in an HD or BD player?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hey mel15 Thanks i used evo demux, then tsremux and used the blu ray setting. Then went back and used evodemux to put the audio in the eac3 format. Then from there used eac3to to conert it to an ac3 file. Opened Nero vision to make movie imported the video then audio then play it and it plays with no sync issues
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by ultraman36
    tommyoz read the first part of my thread blu ray was the first i mentioned. I havent had a chance to test the blu ray files in nero yet just in the Elecard app
    Ultraman36, What did you convert the blu ray to?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Its still converting looks like it takes about 5 ish hours
    Format Nero Digital avc
    Profile Nero Cinema Avc

output file = 1280x720 5521 kbit/s
    Audio =2 channel

pretty much i guess its their mp4 at a higher res
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use AnyDVD to rip a Blu-Ray disc less than 25GB.

Using ImgBurn in UDF Mode, drag the CERTIFICATE and BDMV folders into imgburn. Burn to blu-ray disc.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I should have known imgburn would come through. I always used it for DVD burning. I will have to give it a shot.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting
    Quote Quote  
  20. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Exactly what I was looking for. I took an HD DVD and ripped it. Burned onto Blu Ray disc (since there are no HD DVD burners yet). Burned with IMGBurner as Megahurts suggested and it played fine as both a Blu ray and an HD DVD disc on my computer. Using Cyberlink and Nero showtime. I will be getting my Blu ray/HD DVD player soon so I'll have to wait and see. Just might bring it to a store and see.

There is no reason why it wouldn't work with copying a Blu ray disc as well. Will do that next.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tommyoz
    Just might bring it to a store and see.
    Befor you go to the store, you might want to make a small Blu-Ray clip made with TsRemux and burn it to a DVDR with ImgBurn.

My Phillips Blu-Ray won't play them but others say it works.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Megahurts
    Befor you go to the store, you might want to make a small Blu-Ray clip made with TsRemux and burn it to a DVDR with ImgBurn.

My Phillips Blu-Ray won't play them but others say it works.

Will do. I made a Blu ray rip and it doesn't play unless I have AnyDVD enabled. The HD DVD rip plays fine without running AnyDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tommyoz
    [Will do. I made a Blu ray rip and it doesn't play unless I have AnyDVD enabled. The HD DVD rip plays fine without running AnyDVD.
    Did you rip the Blu-Ray disc with AnyDVD?
    Did you burn ONLY the CERTIFICATE and BDMV folders and not the AACS folder with ImgBurn?

If it didn't play without AnyDVD then it won't play in a Blu-Ray player.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Scooter_NJ
    Mel15..does your method create a disc to play in an HD or BD player?
    Hi scooter_nj it played on ps3 and standalone bluray player. on ps3 it show as AVCHD.........GOOD LUCK
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey mel15 Thanks i used evo demux, then tsremux and used the blu ray setting. Then went back and used evodemux to put the audio in the eac3 format. Then from there used eac3to to conert it to an ac3 file. Opened Nero vision to make movie imported the video then audio then play it and it plays with no sync issues
    Goin to try your way.....keep up the good work
    Quote Quote  
  26. Im going to do a clean install today. if i knew how to use the other stuff like xport, graphedit etc etc i would do a step by step guide with detailed on each app to use but the learning curve is still a little steep so im trying to stick to a simple way. Sucks that it takes so long to encode but nothing i can do about that
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ultraman36 - you mentioned that you got no audio from Nero Recode on your HD-DVD.........any progress? Or still no audio. I have the same issue.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its still converting looks like it takes about 5 ish hours
    Format Nero Digital avc
    Profile Nero Cinema Avc

output file = 1280x720 5521 kbit/s
    Audio =2 channel

pretty much i guess its their mp4 at a higher res
    The way I did mine no need to convert audio files i just rebuild the evo files and converted them to m2ts and it work great for me.Ps3 and samsung bray player both think its a bluray disk instead its a regular dvd-r.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hey mel15 im not burning to a disk i need to reconvert the bigger file to a smaller file to play on my tvix 4100 the m2ts file will play but i want to down the size. dieselbolts i have audio but i have another problem. Nero seems to convert the back bars as well so my video image is smaller than it should be ie it converts the 16x9 to 4x3 including extra space. nero recode will let you crop the picture but i need to use nero vision to add the ac3 audio that wont let me crop. I just found another guide (sort of so ill try that and get back to you
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MEL15
    Rip hddvd to hard drive. Use evodemux choose video and audio rebuild evo.Split files with dv tool (to 4.2g) Open ts remux choose evo files to remux, check bray ....remux .Burn to dvd with nero, burning rom choose dvdrom udf,click udf choose manual setting udf 2.50.open new, drag both files created by ts remux burn on to dvd and enjoy a perfect bluray 1920 1080p movie.
    I must be missing something. I have tried inserting one of the split EVO files into tsremux, but it always crashes or freezes when I do this. Burning the split files as they are will not play in my HD-DVD player.
    Quote Quote