VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just received this email where they are notifying me of an "adjustment" in my subscription price from $24.99 to ONLY $34.99... WTF???? that's almost 50% on the spot!.
    I don't think they will be able to keep a lot of customers if they continue doing this; I believe that prices could be adjusted from time to time, but 50% overnight is just insane!.

As a BLOCKBUSTER Total Access™ subscriber, it's always easy to have the right movie during this holiday season with more than 75,000 titles, including great new releases like Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, The Bourne Ultimatum and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

We know that during this busy time of year the convenience of BLOCKBUSTER Total Access is especially important to you. Have your movies delivered right to your door. If you want new movies right away, exchange in-store*. And with free shipping both ways and no late fees, it's easy to enjoy all the movies you want for as long as you want.

To continue to bring you the unmatched convenience of both online and in-store DVD rentals, your monthly subscription fee will change from $24.99 to $34.99. This adjustment† will go into effect on your next billing cycle on or after December 27, 2007. The benefits of your subscription plan will remain the same.

And now check out blockbuster.com where you can view exclusive footage from The Great Debaters, the much anticipated new movie starring Denzel Washington that opens in theaters on Christmas Day. This is just another example of how BLOCKBUSTER® is working to bring you exciting new entertainment features.

There are plenty of long winter nights ahead, so make sure that your Queue is filled with all the movies you want to watch next including new movie releases coming in January 2008, such as 3:10 to Yuma, The Game Plan and Saw IV.

Thanks for continuing to be a BLOCKBUSTER Total Access subscriber. It truly is the best entertainment value out there.

BLOCKBUSTER

*Up to plan limits for online rentals and in-store exchanges

†Price adjustment for BLOCKBUSTER Total Access subscription plans will be reflected on blockbuster.com on December 27, 2007

If you no longer wish to receive email from BLOCKBUSTER, click here to unsubscribe. Please DO NOT reply to this email to unsubscribe.

BLOCKBUSTER 1201 Elm Street, ATT: Email Marketing, Dallas, TX 75270.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix © 2007 Warner Home Video.
    The Bourne Ultimatum © 2007 Universal Studios.
    Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End © 2007 Disney Enterprises, Inc.
    3:10 to Yuma © 2007 Lions Gate Ent.
    The Game Plan © 2007 Disney Enterprises, Inc.
    Saw IV © 2007 Lions Gate Ent.

IN-STORE: DVDs and games are available for rent/sale at participating BLOCKBUSTER stores. Membership rules apply for in-store rentals; see store for complete terms and conditions. Title selection may vary by location. Date availability subject to change. ONLINE: DVDs available for rent at BLOCKBUSTER Online. Subscription required for online rentals. See blockbuster.com for complete BLOCKBUSTER Online terms and conditions.

BLOCKBUSTER name, design and related marks are trademarks of Blockbuster Inc. ©2007 Blockbuster Inc. All rights reserved.
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Here's what I got in an email
    To continue to bring you the unmatched convenience of both online and in-store DVD rentals, your monthly subscription fee will change slightly from $17.99 to $19.99. This adjustment† will go into effect on your next billing cycle on or after December 27, 2007. The benefits of your subscription plan will remain the same...and it's a value of $34.99!
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. @MeDiCo_BrUjO - So, did you cancel?
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gadgetguy
    @MeDiCo_BrUjO - So, did you cancel?
    I know i would have!!!!!!!

Now let me think... why did i stop going to blockbuster over 5+ years ago

Thats funny because i received an e-mail last week from netflix (stopped using them a little over a year ago)
    Asking me to come back... then the next day i received an advert in the mail from netflix saying they LOWERED the price of their subscription packages 8)

Yep.... way to go blockbuster!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Blockbuster is dumb
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by gadgetguy
    @MeDiCo_BrUjO - So, did you cancel?
    I plan to do it as soon as the month I already paid ends.

I hope that if a gazillion subscribers cancel their accounts, they will get the idea!.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I only wish blockbuster would stock hd-dvd movies. though i'm going to get a bluray rom player soon for my pc so I'll be able to rent high def movies. I don't really want to go back on netflix. though i might..... might....
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I love Netflix. They have both BluRay and HD-DVD so I'm covered with which ever format I had chosen. Great prices and very fast shipping. I get the movies the day after they are shipped.

Although I'm starting to notice something. The last two ships where I have shipped two back the same day, they get them the next day and ship two more that same day. However, I only get one of them the next day. The other I get until the following day. Anyone else have that happen?
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it a real e-mail or spam?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Real. They are raising prices.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hVhYc9caecy5JmaK646fLqFFi0fQD8TLE8J00
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Yep, it is real. It was addressed to me by name and included my account info.

I also commented this to my local BB today during a movie exchange and they told me that a lot of people are complaining. Then they offered me the BB Pass that allows me to have unlimited in-store rentals (2-at a time) for $29.95 a month.

It's a better deal than the online service right now, and that store has a pretty good selection, (and it's 2 min. from my house) but the thing is that I will be limited to just what that store has.

Quote Quote  
  12. Spokeswoman Raskopf called the plans "a really good value for consumers" that must be balanced against "providing a fair return to Blockbuster." She said the Dallas company hopes the increases won't cause existing subscribers to quit.
    NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!!!

Do they REALLY expect the people to just take the blow and smile afterwards?

I get the $17 to $19 increase, but $24 to $34??? you got to be kidding me!

Quote Quote