VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Thanks for any and all help that I gotten here. By following the guides and asking a couple of small questions I was finally able to rip a DVD and then convert it to AVI. I was so surprised that it worked and quite happy.

Thanks to all of you here!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Glad you got help. Now I have a suggestion for you. Rather than just be like 95% of the new users here who get their one question answered and then go away for years or forever, why don't you consider sticking around? If you do nothing else but just read the forums on a regular basis you will learn a lot. What drives me crazy is when I see people who joined in like 2003 or earlier who ask insanely elementary questions that let us know that they don't understand anything about what they are asking about. Look we all had to start somewhere and we were all newbies at one time. I remember telling one guy that if he had bothered to pay attention to the forums since he joined 4 years ago, he would have known how to do exactly what he asked about instead of 4 years later being as ignorant as the day he joined. If you, like so many, go away and only come back when you have a problem, that's your choice, but if you think you may want to learn more and get better at what you are doing, I encourage you to stick around and just read the forums that interest you from time to time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ozarkbaby that's great you got done what you wanted to do. Most of the regulars on this forum have been here for years and enjoy helping others. Hopefully you will stick around and learn more. Who knows...soon you may be answering other's questions!
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  4. Oh, I do in fact plan on sticking around, at least to read the information and problem solving that is done. I am afraid that I would not be of much help to anyone since I am so new but I like this place and love the fact that so many are so willing to help us old farts that are new to some of this.

Thanks again to ya'll.
    Quote Quote