VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Newegg lowered their price again: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130008

So after $8 rebate (I've never had any issues with rebates through newegg) and Free shipping, the price is now $23.99.

Although the rebate is valid until December 31st, the price seems to fluctuate (I just bought these Monday for $34.99 as opposed to todays price of $31.99).
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter
    Newegg lowered their price again: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130008

So after $8 rebate (I've never had any issues with rebates through newegg) and Free shipping, the price is now $23.99.

Although the rebate is valid until December 31st, the price seems to fluctuate (I just bought these Monday for $34.99 as opposed to todays price of $31.99).
    Just curious - did you receive MIS or MII media? I've never ordered Verbatim DL media from Newegg.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Future Shop in Canada has the Verbatim +R DL's on sale right now for $19.99 (reg. $68.00)
    I picked up 3 boxes because they were MIS.
    The sale ends Thursday, get a raincheck (which is good for 30 days) if out of stock.

JeeDub
    Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't after you . . .
    JeeDub
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JeeDub
    Future Shop in Canada has the Verbatim +R DL's on sale right now for $19.99 (reg. $68.00)
    I picked up 3 boxes because they were MIS.
    The sale ends Thursday, get a raincheck (which is good for 30 days) if out of stock.

JeeDub
    I picked up a 20 pack but it's not opened yet. At $1 a disc it's hard to do better around here for good D/L.
    Did you get the new outer wrap or the old one. I wondered if they were different although they both say MIS (Made in Singapore).

I saw Memorex at 14.99 today but don't trust them with my burner. I tried Memorex D/L before and they were hit and miss. A couple of 3 packs in individual cases gave 100% success. Two 10 pack cakeboxes about 60% failures, a total waste. I won't risk a 20 pack on them to save a few bucks up front.

Hope these Verbatim work well, I really only use Verbatim SL now unless it's from my old stock of odds and ends.
    Quote Quote  
  5. FYI: received mine from NewEgg last night they were Made in India
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The are in the new packaging, but they are MII.

I've burned over 100 MII discs so far without any coasters using a Pioneer 112K and a NEC 3520.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I generally don't even comment on media until I've burned 1,000 or more discs. I think a lot of anti-India comments are coincidence, from people who only burned a handful of discs. And people (as usual) are blaming the first thing they can pull from thin air.

To be completely frank, most complaints seem to be from people who "scan" discs, and most of them are total idiots. They tend to be the biggest whiners, most of it is non-sense. They're not even consistent. One day they gripe about Taiwan CMC, then the next day it's Taiwan Prodisc or India ... maybe even Singapore. To explain away their flawed observations, they've invented the "batch" myth. I'm honestly tired of seeing it written in forums. By no matter of coincidence, these people almost never professionally use recordable media. Beyond that, they run crappy computers overstuffed with warez and games that they insist on using while burning. Bad discs? Well, no surprises here. But please, save me the "oh look at my scan, look at my coaster, must be a bad batch" hogwash.

It might also help if folks would actually author a disc correctly, and burn it correctly, instead of using garbage like Nero or whatever else.

I just hate it when people jump to conclusions, as it regards computer problems. The problem is almost never what somebody thinks it is, in my experience. A more patient and more savvy observer is required to actually diagnose the problem and draw conclusions.

I think "made in India" is getting a bad reputation for zero reasons. Another stupid myth taking form.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote