VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I tried searching and either got no answers or a million ones!

I've transferred some UK DVB recordings (via projectx and mpeg video wizard) to mpg videos, but they jitter where there's high movement. DVDs with the same recordings playback fine, so I understand the problem is interlacing.

I can't figure out how to set MPC to automatically deinterlace on playback. Ideally I'd like to set it so it only deinterlaces if it needs to.

Can anyone help?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Could also be related to bitrate. You could be capturing at a low bitrate which is noticable during there is movement on screen.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter
    Could also be related to bitrate. You could be capturing at a low bitrate which is noticable during there is movement on screen.
    Thanks for the reply KK but it's nothing to do with bitrate. These are direct transfers from the original mpeg with no reencoding.

They playback fine on VLC when I turn deinterlacing on. But I prefer MPC so want to use that instead but I can't figure out how to turn deinterlacing on on MPC, never mind set it to auto
    Quote Quote