VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Lite-ON model: LH20_A1L which routinely (~30%) when writing Verbatim 16x+R, (MCC004) writes about 1/2 of a dvd, goes to 100% finished, then writes again, apparentl making a small write near the center of the disk. It successfully closes the disk, but it is unreadable. as these dvd's work in other dvd writers, I believe it is an error on the drive. have you ever encountered this? It is strange as I have never encountered problems with verbatims and I dont know if it is a media or drive problem. I write at 8x.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a drive that can't properly write verbatims is a sad day indeed. try the latest firmware update and if that doesn't fix it i'd be rma'ing that sucker.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by eternity3
    I have a Lite-ON model: LH20_A1L which routinely (~30%) when writing Verbatim 16x+R, (MCC004) writes about 1/2 of a dvd, goes to 100% finished, then writes again, apparentl making a small write near the center of the disk. It successfully closes the disk, but it is unreadable. as these dvd's work in other dvd writers, I believe it is an error on the drive. have you ever encountered this? It is strange as I have never encountered problems with verbatims and I dont know if it is a media or drive problem. I write at 8x.
    get a refund for the drive and do yourself a favor & buy a SATA SAMSUNG drive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I agree with budz.
    Quote Quote