VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK I did succesfully download the PAL miniDV using NTSC SONY camera.The video seems to be playing well on the computer.An hour file is 12.5 GB because I used the highest quality WMM setting.Yesterday I used DVDFlick to compress this large file and as well burned it to a DVD with the help of this software.The result isn't good.The video flow is very uneven.When the camera films stationary objects that all is fine but as soon as the video is capturing moving scenes than the picture starts to jerk.I'm not sure how to proceed now.Shrink and Nero won't burn the this PAL file,maybe beacuse it's processed with NTSC camera,I don't know..Maybe there is some other free program on the net which I can use instead of DVDFlick.Hopefuly there in the cyber cosmos is some experienced Cpt.Jean Luc Picard who will be able to find a solution to my problem.Please note,I'm a broke student [macaroni and cheese is my staple food these days]and can't afford any of those $$$$ sofisticated softwares.Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you produces a WMV file then you should really start again and output as DV-AVI from WMM.

The problem sounds like a poor quality format conversion. Because of the process you are using this could have happened anywhere from the camera, through WMM to DVD Flick.

To get the best solution you need to get a PAL DV AVI file from the camera, and process this. I don't know what process DVD Flick uses for converting PAL to NTSC. I do know that FAVC uses the pulldown method, which will give you the best results, however you must have a clean PAL source video for it to work.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote