VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a way to add sub titles by using svcd2dvd alone or do I need another program? any advice would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What the heck is that screenshot? Is that part of svcd2dvd? I expected more help from the forum. I did a search on this forum and this seems to be the common answer - show this same screenshot with no other info. Anyone else have any answers that can actually help a beginner?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure what your issue is Dick...

You need to turn your text based subtitles to the binary .sup format.

So start SubtitleCreater, load up your text formatted subtitle file (e.g .srt file) and save it as a .sup file (as per the screenshot).

Then rename the .sup file so you have something like:

nameofmymovie.avi <---- your asset
    nameofmymovie.sup

in the same folder.

Load you asset as normal and SVCD2DVD will added the subtitles automatically.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the explanation. I have been using svcd2dvd for quite some time and had never had the need to add subtitles. I kept clicking every menu button trying to find the submenu called subtitle creator. Dumb me, I searched videohelp and found that is was a stand alone program. I just downloaded it and am going to try it tonite.
    Quote Quote