VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Before I learned about striping a miniDV tape, I did not stripe (or strip?) a tape. Therefore, I have a tape with various time codes. So when capturing a video in Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5, I set an in point at one time code and an out point at another time code. However, with various time codes, the software may capture at the wrong point. Is there a way to get one continous time code?

Note: striping a tape is where you record a blank video from beginning to end.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes. Capture the entire tape then send it back to the camcorder and record it on a new tape. That will create a new, continuous timecode. All of the other data (date and time of recording) will remain intact. If you have access to another camcorder, you can do a direct dub.

BTW, you don't need to stripe DV tape. You just need to make sure that you always start the next recording on a bit of tape that already has stuff recorded.

And - a dig at Adobe - there's no reason that they should require continuous timecode. Any software that's actually worth that kind of money should be able to scan the entire tape, log the recording time/date and figure it out from there. (I used to use PPro 1.5....until I saw the light!)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    What software did you use?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm not sure which part you are asking about, so I'll answer to two bits(!)

Either use PPro to capture the tape and then use it to export it back to tape, or use a simple program like WinDV that just does capture/export of DV (it's easier than PPro)

If you mean what did I switch to after giving up on PPro - Sony's Vegas.
    Quote Quote